New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fluffycorn
Yearling

United Kingdom
514 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  23:15:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been looking at butter corns online and they seem to vary a lot, I know this is a silly question but do the more bright yellow type ones have a specific name, I just want to be sure that when I do get round to buying a hatchie I buy one that will develop the vibrant yellow colouring ... sorry if this is a dumb a** question

1.0.0 Amelanistic Corn Snake
0.1.0 Jack Russell Terrier

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  23:35:32  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
theres no fancy name for butters, unless some dozy pet shops make one up to sell them :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

fluffycorn
Yearling

United Kingdom
514 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  23:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

theres no fancy name for butters, unless some dozy pet shops make one up to sell them :)

ok thankyou

Go to Top of Page

grudie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  23:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh thats my next snake if i can convince hubby to give in,one i seena oicture of 1 i fell in love....mind you theres one on the pic section i love too

i kind of wish i had looked up corns fully gorwn before i picked peaches,saying that i know she will look fentastic when big and a great excuse for another lol

2 cats murphy and tawney
1 border collie beanie
50 pond koi/gold fish garden frogs
1 snow corn peaches
Love is like peeing your pants,everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth!
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  23:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all morphs tend to vary a lot, its the way of the genetics, however, from baby to adult to colour will change a lot, to the point where other than pattern, the adult is much more colourful than the babies, its nigh on impossible to judge what an adult will look like from looking at a baby, theres just so much that can change over the years.

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  00:43:23  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My new baby butter was in shed when I picked her up last Monday. Now she's got her new outfit on she is SO bright! Absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to picking up her future beau in the morning.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  07:32:07  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My two butter motleys were almost identical when they were younger, I couldn't tell them apart without doing a spot count. As they have grown Carmellia has become more solid in colour between her spots but Peanut has got paler patches.

I love them both though, definitely two of my best purchases

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

fluffycorn
Yearling

United Kingdom
514 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  13:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks ... I have seen a few varying colours from lighter to dark and like them all really, I have just bought a snow corn so will have to wait another few months before my next, I also want a darker coloured one, maybe a bloodred :)

Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  19:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just out of curiosity roughly how much can you expect to pay for a butter - have seen one with a very nice price tag, just don't want to pay over the odds

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  20:17:08  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think alot depends on age. I have seen some hatchlings at £35. Last year I paid £120 for my yearling butter motley breeding pair. Not sure if that was over the odds but I thought they were gorgeous and there weren't many around at the time.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  23:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the one i've seen was about £80 and a yearling although hadn't been grown on so was still teeny still beautiful though

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  00:22:22  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got 2 butter hatchlings this week for a grand total of £40. £20 each from 2 different breeders. The one I picked up today is probably going to be a bit more 'butterscotchy' like his dad.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000