The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Blue Tongue's treat (Picture Heavy!)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BlueTongueDan Posted - 19/07/2009 : 15:35:23

16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlueTongueDan Posted - 20/07/2009 : 18:39:29
quote:
Originally posted by heatseeker872591

dont feed him too many of them , or youll give him the bad human habit of farting lol hahahaha

Lol!
Thats one the advantages to feeding boiled eggs over raw. Raw eggs are baaad when they exit the body
heatseeker872591 Posted - 20/07/2009 : 18:14:17
dont feed him too many of them , or youll give him the bad human habit of farting lol hahahaha
BlueTongueDan Posted - 20/07/2009 : 16:39:09
quote:
Originally posted by widey

I was watching Austin Stevens on fiver yesterday (in between changing nappies and being OH's runner) and he caught a BTS in the wild whilst in Kimberly out in Oz... same make and model as yours Dan....superb photos, apparently most of the medium to large reps in Oz could be in danger of extinction over the next 50 years due to cane toads which we're introduced to control the cane beetle. As always mans interference has backfired the cane beetle is still a problem but so is the cane toad! The reason being its highly toxic having 2 poison glands either side of its head which release toxins if it gets caught by a predator. They are spreading from the north to the south in a rapid rate. Even in the arid areas they seem to find a way to survive...Bad news for Oz's eco system........

I watched that too It was so funny when he started tickling the poor thing, lol. The Tree Frog was pretty cool aswell wasnt he!
Its really bad, the cane toad situation eh?
Its no wonder they're soo tight on the import and exportation laws over there now. Its hard to believe that only 101 Toads were released and now they're taking over. Suppose you cant blame them though, they only want to survive. Doing a good job of it too
Did you see the bit where there were just loads of them hopping along the road

Lol, Cat. I havent officially named him. But ive kinda nick-named him 'Skinkers' lol

n/a Posted - 20/07/2009 : 16:20:20
I was watching Austin Stevens on fiver yesterday (in between changing nappies and being OH's runner) and he caught a BTS in the wild whilst in Kimberly out in Oz... same make and model as yours Dan....superb photos, apparently most of the medium to large reps in Oz could be in danger of extinction over the next 50 years due to cane toads which we're introduced to control the cane beetle. As always mans interference has backfired the cane beetle is still a problem but so is the cane toad! The reason being its highly toxic having 2 poison glands either side of its head which release toxins if it gets caught by a predator. They are spreading from the north to the south in a rapid rate. Even in the arid areas they seem to find a way to survive...Bad news for Oz's eco system........
PunkAsF82 Posted - 20/07/2009 : 13:19:25
does you bts have a name dan? you never seem to mention if he does :)
n/a Posted - 20/07/2009 : 12:15:48
great pics dan. That tongue is so cool
BlueTongueDan Posted - 20/07/2009 : 12:12:22
lol, Kehhlyr. They come in very handy
And Brookestar has answered your question Kev. They really do eat anything lol.
Mine does love his mice though
Brookestar Posted - 20/07/2009 : 10:01:02
to answer your question kevin BTS eats anything and everything.
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/07/2009 : 03:02:36
Brilliant pics.
Those pizza base things are handy aren't they. I saved loads up ages ago, just in case, and now I know what to use them with.
n/a Posted - 19/07/2009 : 23:04:21
was told that mashing up a raw egg shell and all then bunging it into the microwave is good as they also get the goodness from the shell, does he eat pinkies or anythin like that?
BlueTongueDan Posted - 19/07/2009 : 19:32:04
Thanks guys!
He seemed a lot more interested in the boiled egg rather than raw. A lot less messy too!
They can eat the shell, Its a good source of calcium. He didnt though. I ended up peeling it for him, lol.
Lol, Kellog. How did you guess?
I look forward to photos of your new addition Kevin
n/a Posted - 19/07/2009 : 18:01:21
Seiously cant wait till wednesday now
im now considering getting the one at 130 pounds from the petshop instead of the grumpy one from east kilbride
Brookestar Posted - 19/07/2009 : 17:57:08
he is just amazing i really want one
Kellog Posted - 19/07/2009 : 17:55:06
Cant believe the colour of that tongue - bizarre! Any chance its where your BTD originated from?? Lol! xxx
lee2308 Posted - 19/07/2009 : 16:32:39
that tounge is amazing colour,does he eat the shell as well
matty18714 Posted - 19/07/2009 : 16:01:24
Good pics, hes looking good. Does he show any preferance to a boiled egg over a normal one? And does he eat the shell?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000