Blue Tongue's treat (Picture Heavy!)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  15:35:23  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  16:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good pics, hes looking good. Does he show any preferance to a boiled egg over a normal one? And does he eat the shell?

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  16:32:39  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that tounge is amazing colour,does he eat the shell as well

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  17:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant believe the colour of that tongue - bizarre! Any chance its where your BTD originated from?? Lol! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  17:57:08  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he is just amazing i really want one
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  18:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seiously cant wait till wednesday now
im now considering getting the one at 130 pounds from the petshop instead of the grumpy one from east kilbride

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  19:32:04  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!
He seemed a lot more interested in the boiled egg rather than raw. A lot less messy too!
They can eat the shell, Its a good source of calcium. He didnt though. I ended up peeling it for him, lol.
Lol, Kellog. How did you guess?
I look forward to photos of your new addition Kevin

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  23:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was told that mashing up a raw egg shell and all then bunging it into the microwave is good as they also get the goodness from the shell, does he eat pinkies or anythin like that?

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  03:02:36  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Brilliant pics.
Those pizza base things are handy aren't they. I saved loads up ages ago, just in case, and now I know what to use them with.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  10:01:02  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
to answer your question kevin BTS eats anything and everything.
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  12:12:22  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol, Kehhlyr. They come in very handy
And Brookestar has answered your question Kev. They really do eat anything lol.
Mine does love his mice though

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  12:15:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great pics dan. That tongue is so cool

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  13:19:25  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
does you bts have a name dan? you never seem to mention if he does :)

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Edited by - PunkAsF82 on 20/07/2009 13:20:45
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  16:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was watching Austin Stevens on fiver yesterday (in between changing nappies and being OH's runner) and he caught a BTS in the wild whilst in Kimberly out in Oz... same make and model as yours Dan....superb photos, apparently most of the medium to large reps in Oz could be in danger of extinction over the next 50 years due to cane toads which we're introduced to control the cane beetle. As always mans interference has backfired the cane beetle is still a problem but so is the cane toad! The reason being its highly toxic having 2 poison glands either side of its head which release toxins if it gets caught by a predator. They are spreading from the north to the south in a rapid rate. Even in the arid areas they seem to find a way to survive...Bad news for Oz's eco system........

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  16:39:09  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widey

I was watching Austin Stevens on fiver yesterday (in between changing nappies and being OH's runner) and he caught a BTS in the wild whilst in Kimberly out in Oz... same make and model as yours Dan....superb photos, apparently most of the medium to large reps in Oz could be in danger of extinction over the next 50 years due to cane toads which we're introduced to control the cane beetle. As always mans interference has backfired the cane beetle is still a problem but so is the cane toad! The reason being its highly toxic having 2 poison glands either side of its head which release toxins if it gets caught by a predator. They are spreading from the north to the south in a rapid rate. Even in the arid areas they seem to find a way to survive...Bad news for Oz's eco system........

I watched that too It was so funny when he started tickling the poor thing, lol. The Tree Frog was pretty cool aswell wasnt he!
Its really bad, the cane toad situation eh?
Its no wonder they're soo tight on the import and exportation laws over there now. Its hard to believe that only 101 Toads were released and now they're taking over. Suppose you cant blame them though, they only want to survive. Doing a good job of it too
Did you see the bit where there were just loads of them hopping along the road

Lol, Cat. I havent officially named him. But ive kinda nick-named him 'Skinkers' lol

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:14:17  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dont feed him too many of them , or youll give him the bad human habit of farting lol hahahaha

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:39:29  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by heatseeker872591

dont feed him too many of them , or youll give him the bad human habit of farting lol hahahaha

Lol!
Thats one the advantages to feeding boiled eggs over raw. Raw eggs are baaad when they exit the body

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000