The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Not rlly a reptile...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScalySituation Posted - 15/01/2012 : 21:49:37
But can someone who's big on photography please tell me their opinion on these i took today?

Taken with a Olympus D-720 btw

Thanks in advance

N nite x

Scaly
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 17/01/2012 : 16:21:12
thanks guys, had a great view of a long tailed tit earlier, unfortunately camera was at home :S
Sta~ple Posted - 16/01/2012 : 19:21:22
Very nice, I know how difficult it is to take a photo with some cameras and not so great lighting conditions, think I have a very similar camera to you :) I found the best way I could take photos was this the ports setting of the camera on a bright sunny day.
ScalySituation Posted - 16/01/2012 : 11:43:22
okies :) i'm new at this so these tips are rlly helpful xx
this is a pub garden where we constantly keep the food and water topped up :)

I remember now why i didnt turn the camera for the blackbird... it was fixed on my tripod lol :P

Scaly x
Mamma Posted - 16/01/2012 : 10:58:48
when editing, fiddle around with the brightness/contrast tools as well. xxx
Katie.Dublin Posted - 16/01/2012 : 09:30:06
They're lovely:) Emmy has a point there in saying make sure the subject of the photo is what the eye immediately sees. The first pic would have been composed better had you turned the camera upright and taken it as a portrait shot, you'd have caught the water splash better that way. You probably could have gone a bit closer too and cut out some of the greenery. If you're into retouching at all you could up the contrast a teeny bit so the colours are more vibrant. I like them though. Specially the last one. Gotta love a silhouette shot!
ScalySituation Posted - 16/01/2012 : 09:27:04
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

They aren't too bad at all! I must congratulate you on capturing a feeding Great Tit, as they can be fast little swines! I particularly like the one of the collard dove too. They're one of my fave garden birds. I'll give you a few photography basics on birds that were passed on to me, and are now the first steps I take to photographing general wildlife.

You have to be careful that the subject of the photograph is what the eye is drawn to most, and that you are close enough to get a clear shot without having to crop, as then you loose the required pixels to make the picture look sharp and clarified and not fuzzy. Garden birds are difficult, as their feathers are designed to blend/ match the colours of their surroundings; therefore it's important to cut out as much foliage/ sky etc as possible.

The Olympus D-720 is a compact, so I'm assuming that it may have the basic features, such as portrait/ landscape/ macro options etc. Have a fiddle with these. I use portrait photography mostly for birds. The best way I learnt was through youtube, as there are some great tutorials from where the buttons are and what they mean right through to the more complicated things. The best way to learn is to keep at it and soon you'll notice you pick up on different aspects quickly, like lighting, angles, positioning etc.

Thanks Emmy :)

Yeh gr8 tits are little speed demons lol :P

Thanks for all your comments, I love the sillhoutte of the wood pigeon too :)

Scaly x
Emmy1 Posted - 15/01/2012 : 23:39:49
They aren't too bad at all! I must congratulate you on capturing a feeding Great Tit, as they can be fast little swines! I particularly like the one of the collard dove too. They're one of my fave garden birds. I'll give you a few photography basics on birds that were passed on to me, and are now the first steps I take to photographing general wildlife.

You have to be careful that the subject of the photograph is what the eye is drawn to most, and that you are close enough to get a clear shot without having to crop, as then you loose the required pixels to make the picture look sharp and clarified and not fuzzy. Garden birds are difficult, as their feathers are designed to blend/ match the colours of their surroundings; therefore it's important to cut out as much foliage/ sky etc as possible.

The Olympus D-720 is a compact, so I'm assuming that it may have the basic features, such as portrait/ landscape/ macro options etc. Have a fiddle with these. I use portrait photography mostly for birds. The best way I learnt was through youtube, as there are some great tutorials from where the buttons are and what they mean right through to the more complicated things. The best way to learn is to keep at it and soon you'll notice you pick up on different aspects quickly, like lighting, angles, positioning etc.
Figs Posted - 15/01/2012 : 23:08:02
I love the last one!! Silhouettes are always pretty
Georgina Posted - 15/01/2012 : 22:06:28
what sort of camera is it?
scottishbluebird Posted - 15/01/2012 : 21:57:06
I'm no expert, but id be happy enough if id taken them

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000