The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Scorpion nom times

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:00:55
Nearly forgot to get foods for these today, so thought I'd take some nice pics of them when they got their dinner as well.

Enjoy.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 30/05/2011 : 11:16:47
They are so cool. I've been fascinated by these for some time since i took the cast from a baby one home with me years ago. I still have it too!
Funny really as I'm not keen on their cousins at all.
Kehhlyr Posted - 29/05/2011 : 20:19:50
quote:
Originally posted by Ruby Rose

Scorpians have varying degrees of venom from bee/wasp sting like to fatal resulting in death. The general rule with scorpians is the bigger their pincers are the less powerful their venom - much like a bee/wasp sting HOWEVER, scorpians with very small pincers should be treated with extreme care as some have venom as leathal as any cobra/viper/rattle snake.

This is how I should've answered the question about poisonous scorpions.
Due to the fact there are no poisonous scorpions, only venomous.
As I said in a post above, I was just being fussy. Apols to the person that asked the question.
crazy JJ Posted - 29/05/2011 : 18:20:41
they are very pwettty not a scorp fan really but there sooo erm bright and blue :D still look cool normally though
Ruby Rose Posted - 29/05/2011 : 15:51:28
Scorpians have varying degrees of venom from bee/wasp sting like to fatal resulting in death. The general rule with scorpians is the bigger their pincers are the less powerful their venom - much like a bee/wasp sting HOWEVER, scorpians with very small pincers should be treated with extreme care as some have venom as leathal as any cobra/viper/rattle snake.
Kat Posted - 29/05/2011 : 14:23:27
My mum was stung by a scorpion and spent two days in hospital. It left her with potassium poisoning which took about 3 weeks to clear, voniting and a heart rate over 250. Not good when you're 76. She was really lucky that she was stung on her ankle and not her neck - she was carrying hay on her shoulder and the scorpion fell out, landed on her foot and stung. Scorpy was very small (about 2") and very black. She lives in Spain in case anyone thinks UK hay is suddenly full of scorpions.
Kehhlyr Posted - 28/05/2011 : 22:30:27
These are your fairly common Emperor Scorpion, I believe a lot of reptile places have these, cracking little beasts they are.

quote:
Originally posted by Ailsa

K there are venomous/poisonous scorpians in the world, they all use their sting to imobilise their prey

I was accurate in what i said when I answered a question.
The question was "are they poisonous?" so I answered it.
There are NO poisonous scorpions in the world.

It's also called being a pedant. :D
Ailsa Posted - 28/05/2011 : 20:49:38
K there are venomous/poisonous scorpians in the world, they all use their sting to imobilise their prey
Kehhlyr Posted - 28/05/2011 : 20:02:42
I do handle these if I want to, although not that often. There are no poisonous scorpions in the world, so these aren't either.
As for the foods, they love the crix, practically ignore small roachs. They seem to eat nearly all of it as well, I've not seen any remains of crix with guts sucked out yet.
HannahB Posted - 28/05/2011 : 17:33:31
nice pics - not a big fan but theres something interesting about them
lee2308 Posted - 27/05/2011 : 20:16:49
great pics,do they eat all of it or just suck the goodness out?
lotabob Posted - 27/05/2011 : 20:05:47
Wow, Scorpions really are the tank of the arachnid world. I actually nearly bought one a month ago but decided I don't know wenough about them yet.
Ailsa Posted - 27/05/2011 : 10:59:22
K them pics are so cool esp the ones with them glowing like that, I like them but not sure I'm brave enough to handle one lol.
Mamma they will be poisonous but as far as I know the rule with scorpians is the bigger the pincers the less poisonous they are but scorpians with smaller pincers are a lot more poisonous and some are leathal if you get stung (i think anyways lol). I think a sting from one of them would be somethin like a bee sting but am probably wrong lol.
tordyjo Posted - 27/05/2011 : 09:03:58
what do you feed them? amazing blue under those lights
Mamma Posted - 27/05/2011 : 08:44:13
what kinda scorpians are they? are they poisonous? can you touch them?
gmac Posted - 27/05/2011 : 00:22:48
very cool indeed Kehhlyr, loving the blacklight photos.
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/05/2011 : 23:35:04
Cheers Guys and gals.
I love showing the pics of them under blacklight because of how they glow like that.
It's still under debate about long term affects of blacklight on scorpions so they only ever have it every so often for a minute or 2.
Normally they look like this:

Amazing what a lightbulb can do.
Mamma Posted - 26/05/2011 : 22:46:14
fab they always look much cooler under UV
jordy845 Posted - 26/05/2011 : 22:26:34
OMG THEY ARE BRIGHT BLUE! thats amazing :)
Invalid User Posted - 26/05/2011 : 21:38:27
Seriously cool!
thistle Posted - 26/05/2011 : 20:30:03
Have to admit that scorpions are the only living things give me the creeps. But I do think it's amazing the way they glow under UV light.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000