The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Twirl...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ptmbradley Posted - 30/04/2011 : 19:01:51
We went out to get my gf a corn earlier, but after listening to the man in the shop she ended up with this spotted python!

At least it means I get to keep the baron.

18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptmbradley Posted - 02/05/2011 : 22:35:54
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i've had a chat with MrB and he's confirmed warm end temp and humidity IS the same as a cornsnake but not heard of anything saying the cool end temp should be that high, tbh i think it's more a boa thing? well, it's definitely a boa thing too lol

OK thanks very much for asking. The spotted keepers on the aussiepython forum all concur on temps at about 32 warm and 26 cool. So I turned the stat up a touch but the cool end will just have to stay how it is. It might be slightly too humid in the rub at the mo then coz it does steam up a little, but Twirl will be moving into a large flat faun shortly which as you know have bucket loads of airholes, so humidity should be fine then.

I installed a climbing frame and vine in the faun earlier for her which hopefully she'll enjoy. Hopefully the sealant is going off nicely right now and it'll be nice and secure in plenty of time for the move.

I want a spotted python now! lol She is so placid and just happily sits wrapped around your fingers. But I'm going to hold off coz I want to get a BRB at some point in the not too distant...

Pete
gingerpony Posted - 02/05/2011 : 22:03:41
i've had a chat with MrB and he's confirmed warm end temp and humidity IS the same as a cornsnake but not heard of anything saying the cool end temp should be that high, tbh i think it's more a boa thing? well, it's definitely a boa thing too lol
HannahB Posted - 02/05/2011 : 21:07:58
ooh very nice
Sta~ple Posted - 02/05/2011 : 09:16:09
What a beautiful ickle snakie :3
lotabob Posted - 02/05/2011 : 02:21:23
STUNNING!!!
ptmbradley Posted - 02/05/2011 : 01:36:49
OK cheers I'll prob just get some vine then. But might have some bamboo in the garage so will check there first.

Her eyes are gorge aren't they? I only just found out today why her eyes are different to corns. Coz she is nocturnal and corns are crepuscular (or however it's spelt!) apparently.

I was thinking of getting one myself at some point because she does look cute and is so placid. Just sits there on your hand quite happily for ages. Not like my corns that just don't sit still! lol ... But I'd like a BRB when I've had a bit more experience so will hang on for that I think and just act as Twirls' cool uncle.

Here's a couple more pics including a nice eye shot just for you Rob.

Pete
lotabob Posted - 02/05/2011 : 01:03:38
Lol, facebook is both a blessing and a curse. I'm actually dead taken by your oH's little snake, I think its eyes are hypnotic. Just working out where to put one when the urge to buy one becomes too much.

Dowel probably not the best I think that stuff is pine but something along those lines.
ptmbradley Posted - 02/05/2011 : 00:52:39
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

You could run some bamboo canes accross the RUB, screw them in from the outside or just some branches. In the wild they hang down and catch their prey by plucking them out the air (bats). I'd say as long as you've something it can climb up and hang off that would be fine.

Cheers Rob. At the moment Twirl is living in a 9 litre rub that I had already set up in preparation for the corn that my gf was SUPPOSED to get. lol However, I've got a large flat faun which is a bit larger and we're going to move Twirl into that in the near future, which should then see her through to adulthood and a viv. I'll either fit a vine inside or get a piece of dowel or something similar from which she can hang. Presume that will suffice?

I just wanna say I love this forum - and others like it - for all the invaluable advice that's available. I used to spend most of my spare time playing cityville on facebook (yes, sad I know!) but these days most of my spare time is spent browsing all sorts of threads on here! lol
Mamma Posted - 01/05/2011 : 19:46:28
beautiful
lotabob Posted - 30/04/2011 : 23:53:16
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

quote:

Lovely little python, time to get building a climbing frame, they love to climb, its what they do.

yeah I thought she might! But she's going to be living in a rub for a while so not much chance of that just yet!

You could run some bamboo canes accross the RUB, screw them in from the outside or just some branches. In the wild they hang down and catch their prey by plucking them out the air (bats). I'd say as long as you've something it can climb up and hang off that would be fine.
kdlang Posted - 30/04/2011 : 23:48:48
Twirl is absolutely lovely
ptmbradley Posted - 30/04/2011 : 23:43:45
quote:

Lovely little python, time to get building a climbing frame, they love to climb, its what they do.

yeah I thought she might! But she's going to be living in a rub for a while so not much chance of that just yet!
lotabob Posted - 30/04/2011 : 23:38:49
ptmbradley Posted - 30/04/2011 : 21:59:49
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Such a stunning face, those eyes are gorgeous!

The snake is quite nice too.

Had to say that coz the mrs is reading this...

Pete
Spreebok Posted - 30/04/2011 : 21:52:53
Such a stunning face, those eyes are gorgeous!
ptmbradley Posted - 30/04/2011 : 21:32:37
quote:
Originally posted by MrsA82

Very nice python
Twirl suits her as a name :)
Good choice

gf says thanks and glad you like. I need to find out more about them still though! So far we're only going on what the guy in Lost World said so I need to research a bit more.

And she certainly does live up to her name! She twirls around everything! Although that isn't how she got the name. It's my lady's favourite chocolate! lol

Pete
MrsA82 Posted - 30/04/2011 : 20:47:55
Very nice python
Twirl suits her as a name :)
Good choice
animalcrazy Posted - 30/04/2011 : 20:10:05
Twirl is gorgeous

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000