Twirl...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  19:01:51  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We went out to get my gf a corn earlier, but after listening to the man in the shop she ended up with this spotted python!

At least it means I get to keep the baron.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Edited by - gmac on 02/05/2011 01:25:50

animalcrazy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  20:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Twirl is gorgeous

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  20:47:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice python
Twirl suits her as a name :)
Good choice

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons

Edited by - MrsA82 on 30/04/2011 20:48:07
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  21:32:37  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrsA82

Very nice python
Twirl suits her as a name :)
Good choice

gf says thanks and glad you like. I need to find out more about them still though! So far we're only going on what the guy in Lost World said so I need to research a bit more.

And she certainly does live up to her name! She twirls around everything! Although that isn't how she got the name. It's my lady's favourite chocolate! lol

Pete

Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  21:52:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such a stunning face, those eyes are gorgeous!
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  21:59:49  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Such a stunning face, those eyes are gorgeous!

The snake is quite nice too.

Had to say that coz the mrs is reading this...

Pete

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  23:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely little python, time to get building a climbing frame, they love to climb, its what they do.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  23:43:45  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Lovely little python, time to get building a climbing frame, they love to climb, its what they do.

yeah I thought she might! But she's going to be living in a rub for a while so not much chance of that just yet!

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  23:48:48  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Twirl is absolutely lovely

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2011 :  23:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

quote:

yeah I thought she might! But she's going to be living in a rub for a while so not much chance of that just yet!

You could run some bamboo canes accross the RUB, screw them in from the outside or just some branches. In the wild they hang down and catch their prey by plucking them out the air (bats). I'd say as long as you've something it can climb up and hang off that would be fine.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  19:46:28  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
beautiful

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  00:52:39  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

You could run some bamboo canes accross the RUB, screw them in from the outside or just some branches. In the wild they hang down and catch their prey by plucking them out the air (bats). I'd say as long as you've something it can climb up and hang off that would be fine.

Cheers Rob. At the moment Twirl is living in a 9 litre rub that I had already set up in preparation for the corn that my gf was SUPPOSED to get. lol However, I've got a large flat faun which is a bit larger and we're going to move Twirl into that in the near future, which should then see her through to adulthood and a viv. I'll either fit a vine inside or get a piece of dowel or something similar from which she can hang. Presume that will suffice?

I just wanna say I love this forum - and others like it - for all the invaluable advice that's available. I used to spend most of my spare time playing cityville on facebook (yes, sad I know!) but these days most of my spare time is spent browsing all sorts of threads on here! lol

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  01:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, facebook is both a blessing and a curse. I'm actually dead taken by your oH's little snake, I think its eyes are hypnotic. Just working out where to put one when the urge to buy one becomes too much.

Dowel probably not the best I think that stuff is pine but something along those lines.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  01:36:49  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK cheers I'll prob just get some vine then. But might have some bamboo in the garage so will check there first.

Her eyes are gorge aren't they? I only just found out today why her eyes are different to corns. Coz she is nocturnal and corns are crepuscular (or however it's spelt!) apparently.

I was thinking of getting one myself at some point because she does look cute and is so placid. Just sits there on your hand quite happily for ages. Not like my corns that just don't sit still! lol ... But I'd like a BRB when I've had a bit more experience so will hang on for that I think and just act as Twirls' cool uncle.

Here's a couple more pics including a nice eye shot just for you Rob.

Pete

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  02:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
STUNNING!!!

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  09:16:09  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a beautiful ickle snakie :3

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  21:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooh very nice

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  22:03:41  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i've had a chat with MrB and he's confirmed warm end temp and humidity IS the same as a cornsnake but not heard of anything saying the cool end temp should be that high, tbh i think it's more a boa thing? well, it's definitely a boa thing too lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  22:35:54  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i've had a chat with MrB and he's confirmed warm end temp and humidity IS the same as a cornsnake but not heard of anything saying the cool end temp should be that high, tbh i think it's more a boa thing? well, it's definitely a boa thing too lol

OK thanks very much for asking. The spotted keepers on the aussiepython forum all concur on temps at about 32 warm and 26 cool. So I turned the stat up a touch but the cool end will just have to stay how it is. It might be slightly too humid in the rub at the mo then coz it does steam up a little, but Twirl will be moving into a large flat faun shortly which as you know have bucket loads of airholes, so humidity should be fine then.

I installed a climbing frame and vine in the faun earlier for her which hopefully she'll enjoy. Hopefully the sealant is going off nicely right now and it'll be nice and secure in plenty of time for the move.

I want a spotted python now! lol She is so placid and just happily sits wrapped around your fingers. But I'm going to hold off coz I want to get a BRB at some point in the not too distant...

Pete

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000