The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Mary Jane.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CoN Posted - 30/06/2010 : 10:58:53
Here are so photos of Mary Jane my female grammostola rosea.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 06/07/2010 : 00:40:27
to say i dont like spiders il admit that in the second pic theres something quite pretty about her..
Sizzlesmum Posted - 05/07/2010 : 14:48:51
Yes I screamed too lol

I'm terrified of spiders and she looks huge!

crazy JJ Posted - 01/07/2010 : 00:16:48
lol now the lil tarantulas here feel left out haha but none get handeled

erm question.. is it me or does she look like she is about to moult??
herriotfan Posted - 30/06/2010 : 20:57:30
Thanks Con. She's certainly stirred up some interest on here.
Figs Posted - 30/06/2010 : 20:31:51
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

She's a nice colour but she needs a shave :o

hahaha!

she is postiviely hideous yet adorable!
Do the colours on her head bit (yeah, thats proper tarantula terminology there) change with the lighting?
Sta~ple Posted - 30/06/2010 : 19:58:51
She's a nice colour but she needs a shave :o
CoN Posted - 30/06/2010 : 19:42:30
Hi Herriotfan.

Grammostola rosea rarely attempts to bite, and when it does it gives plenty of warning like it would rear its back and strikes at you with its front legs as you try to pick it up then you shouldn't try picking it up.

When they do bite its usually a dry bite, meaning no venom. (But there has been a few cases that the G, rosea did gave its owner a wet bite)
Reportedly, a wet bite causes localized swelling and pain. Recovery is generally rapid and complete, with the symptoms disappearing within 24 to 48 hours with no lasting side effects.

I have Mary Jane for a month now, she never attempted to bite or go for my hand, but she does show me when she doesn't want to be picked up and after say 20min I would try again and then she`s fine. I handle her everyday. And the spider wont all of a sudden bite you while your handling it, saying that, unless your hurting the spider :)
I would recommend The Chilean rose and Mexican red knee to anyone that's thinking of getting their first tarantula.

Hope this helps.
BlueTongueDan Posted - 30/06/2010 : 19:38:42
She's awesome!
Great name
herriotfan Posted - 30/06/2010 : 18:04:29
Can I just ask Con is she venemous and will she bite?
CoN Posted - 30/06/2010 : 17:23:05
Thanks peeps.

Hiper one thing Ive learned I DON'T TRUST the pet shop`s advise anymore.
I'm not going to mention any names but the pet shop told me the Grammostola rosea (Chilean Rose Tarantula ) needs
a high amount of humidity and need misting every day, and loads of other nonsense. Luckily my girlfriend bought me a book on Tarantulas its called
"The Tarantula keepers guide, Revised Edition by Stanley A. Schultz and Marguerite J. Schultz and Ive read the book cover to cover twice and now know everything
about my Chilean Rose and If I want to get another specie Ive got the book :)
And now I call it my Tarantula Bible.

We`ll I feed my Tarantula one cricket twice a week,Ive learned they not to fond of the locusts but they will eat wax worms and meal worms too. The requirement is quit simple for a Tarantula and it all depends on what type of specie Tarantula your looking for, because you get different Tarantulas that require different setups of instance, you get Arid species like mine that are very easy to keep, then you get the Obligate burrowers, Swamp dwellers and then the Arboreal Species.

I actually found a spot on Care sheet about the Chilean Rose on TheReptilian.co.uk

http://www.thereptilian.co.uk/care_sheets/Chilean_Rose_Tarantula_Grammostola_rosea_Care_Sheet.html

Hope this helps.
hiper2009 Posted - 30/06/2010 : 13:12:40
Wow she is cuteee , May i ask what she feeds on and what her requirements are i have always wanted a nice big spider but don't know much about them.
crazy JJ Posted - 30/06/2010 : 13:10:46
i have to admit she is quite pretty :D

not sure about holding her thou *shudders* thankfully none of ours gets held

hmmm maybe i should ask ma mum if she wants to show of her tarantula's on here :D lol as thats the only other rep i have unless ma cats or the chinchilla counts??
Callazagy Posted - 30/06/2010 : 12:37:25
Awww aint she cute , think ill treat myself to a tarantula when I eventually get a job.
herriotfan Posted - 30/06/2010 : 12:31:52
lol, i wonder how many others will shudder and scream!!!
Tatsie-j Posted - 30/06/2010 : 11:57:16
thats is horrible i acutally screamed when the pic loaded *shivers*

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000