Mary Jane.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CoN
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  10:58:53  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are so photos of Mary Jane my female grammostola rosea.

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  11:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats is horrible i acutally screamed when the pic loaded *shivers*

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  12:31:52  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol, i wonder how many others will shudder and scream!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  12:37:25  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww aint she cute , think ill treat myself to a tarantula when I eventually get a job.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  13:10:46  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have to admit she is quite pretty :D

not sure about holding her thou *shudders* thankfully none of ours gets held

hmmm maybe i should ask ma mum if she wants to show of her tarantula's on here :D lol as thats the only other rep i have unless ma cats or the chinchilla counts??

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  13:12:40  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow she is cuteee , May i ask what she feeds on and what her requirements are i have always wanted a nice big spider but don't know much about them.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

CoN
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  17:23:05  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks peeps.

Hiper one thing Ive learned I DON'T TRUST the pet shop`s advise anymore.
I'm not going to mention any names but the pet shop told me the Grammostola rosea (Chilean Rose Tarantula ) needs
a high amount of humidity and need misting every day, and loads of other nonsense. Luckily my girlfriend bought me a book on Tarantulas its called
"The Tarantula keepers guide, Revised Edition by Stanley A. Schultz and Marguerite J. Schultz and Ive read the book cover to cover twice and now know everything
about my Chilean Rose and If I want to get another specie Ive got the book :)
And now I call it my Tarantula Bible.

We`ll I feed my Tarantula one cricket twice a week,Ive learned they not to fond of the locusts but they will eat wax worms and meal worms too. The requirement is quit simple for a Tarantula and it all depends on what type of specie Tarantula your looking for, because you get different Tarantulas that require different setups of instance, you get Arid species like mine that are very easy to keep, then you get the Obligate burrowers, Swamp dwellers and then the Arboreal Species.

I actually found a spot on Care sheet about the Chilean Rose on TheReptilian.co.uk

http://www.thereptilian.co.uk/care_sheets/Chilean_Rose_Tarantula_Grammostola_rosea_Care_Sheet.html

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  18:04:29  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can I just ask Con is she venemous and will she bite?

Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  19:38:42  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She's awesome!
Great name

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

CoN
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  19:42:30  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Herriotfan.

Grammostola rosea rarely attempts to bite, and when it does it gives plenty of warning like it would rear its back and strikes at you with its front legs as you try to pick it up then you shouldn't try picking it up.

When they do bite its usually a dry bite, meaning no venom. (But there has been a few cases that the G, rosea did gave its owner a wet bite)
Reportedly, a wet bite causes localized swelling and pain. Recovery is generally rapid and complete, with the symptoms disappearing within 24 to 48 hours with no lasting side effects.

I have Mary Jane for a month now, she never attempted to bite or go for my hand, but she does show me when she doesn't want to be picked up and after say 20min I would try again and then she`s fine. I handle her everyday. And the spider wont all of a sudden bite you while your handling it, saying that, unless your hurting the spider :)
I would recommend The Chilean rose and Mexican red knee to anyone that's thinking of getting their first tarantula.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  19:58:51  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She's a nice colour but she needs a shave :o

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  20:31:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

She's a nice colour but she needs a shave :o

hahaha!

she is postiviely hideous yet adorable!
Do the colours on her head bit (yeah, thats proper tarantula terminology there) change with the lighting?
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2010 :  20:57:30  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Con. She's certainly stirred up some interest on here.

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  00:16:48  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol now the lil tarantulas here feel left out haha but none get handeled

erm question.. is it me or does she look like she is about to moult??

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  14:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I screamed too lol

I'm terrified of spiders and she looks huge!

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  00:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to say i dont like spiders il admit that in the second pic theres something quite pretty about her..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000