The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Scared of crickets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hayleyb93 Posted - 28/04/2010 : 10:46:40
Hey. I havent been on this in ages :[ anyway, can a mantis be scared of crickets. I put three in the tank and one came near her and Ii have never seen her run away so fast. ts not like she isnt hungry as her last feel was a large hopper two weeks ago, she normally gets one a week but the shop were out so I had to wait over easter and get a box of crickts this week. I currently have a potato in under the mantis and three crickets are eating from it, she is about 2 cm away from them and seems petrified.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
josh9961 Posted - 28/04/2010 : 21:20:45
I used to be scared of my stick insects :) or anything with too many legs. Hence the love for snakes :D
hayleyb93 Posted - 28/04/2010 : 19:53:37
ah she could have, i just hope she eats and doesnt doe on me. I dont blame her if she is scared of crickets, im to scared to touch them at all. Im also scared of her as my last mantis kept putting its head down and doing something as if it was biting me, so i have never handled this mantis. I doubt she is scared of crickets, she is very aggressive, she likes to attack sticks a lot.
josh9961 Posted - 28/04/2010 : 16:01:37
Might be stupid, but seeing as mantids also shed... Is it possible she's gone off her food per-shed?
Kazerella Posted - 28/04/2010 : 12:12:30
Personally I'm quite scared of locusts. Not in a freak out- won't go near them kind of way, but I panic when they jump and have to chase them around the house
herriotfan Posted - 28/04/2010 : 12:09:26
I've got a bearded dragon who is petrified of crickets.....how crazy is that!!!
She will only eat locusts or mealworms with her greens/fruit/salad stuff.
Bless her
Kazerella Posted - 28/04/2010 : 11:28:35
Your spellings not that bad Hayley

I'm not sure mantids are scared of crickets, as from what I've heard they have crazy appetites, often taking on prey that is much bigger than you would think they could handle.

Maybe you've got a cowardly one but if he's taking other food items then I wouldn't worry. They might just not be to his taste.

hayleyb93 Posted - 28/04/2010 : 10:47:39
I apologise for so many spelling mistakes :'[

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000