Scared of crickets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  10:46:40  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey. I havent been on this in ages :[ anyway, can a mantis be scared of crickets. I put three in the tank and one came near her and Ii have never seen her run away so fast. ts not like she isnt hungry as her last feel was a large hopper two weeks ago, she normally gets one a week but the shop were out so I had to wait over easter and get a box of crickts this week. I currently have a potato in under the mantis and three crickets are eating from it, she is about 2 cm away from them and seems petrified.

1.0.0 Snow Corn: Skittles
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Edd
1.0.0 Dog: Oscar
0.0.1 African Mantis: Mildred

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  10:47:39  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I apologise for so many spelling mistakes :'[

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  11:28:35  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your spellings not that bad Hayley

I'm not sure mantids are scared of crickets, as from what I've heard they have crazy appetites, often taking on prey that is much bigger than you would think they could handle.

Maybe you've got a cowardly one but if he's taking other food items then I wouldn't worry. They might just not be to his taste.

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  12:09:26  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've got a bearded dragon who is petrified of crickets.....how crazy is that!!!
She will only eat locusts or mealworms with her greens/fruit/salad stuff.
Bless her

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  12:12:30  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Personally I'm quite scared of locusts. Not in a freak out- won't go near them kind of way, but I panic when they jump and have to chase them around the house

Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  16:01:37  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Might be stupid, but seeing as mantids also shed... Is it possible she's gone off her food per-shed?

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  19:53:37  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ah she could have, i just hope she eats and doesnt doe on me. I dont blame her if she is scared of crickets, im to scared to touch them at all. Im also scared of her as my last mantis kept putting its head down and doing something as if it was biting me, so i have never handled this mantis. I doubt she is scared of crickets, she is very aggressive, she likes to attack sticks a lot.

Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  21:20:45  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I used to be scared of my stick insects :) or anything with too many legs. Hence the love for snakes :D

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000