The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 water dragon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
curragh Posted - 09/02/2010 : 19:11:54
doz any one no any care sheets about water dragons i just cant find any at all.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fal Posted - 26/04/2010 : 20:39:50
Cheers Lee, it's all a pipe dream anyway, but that filter sounds great for whatever we use the tank for in the end, be it frogs, toads etc..

Would love a water dragon one day though!
lee2308 Posted - 26/04/2010 : 18:33:49
yes the mechanical part of the filter will remove the solids and once the bacteria has cycled in the biological medium in the filter that will fight the nasty stuff but this will take a week or 2 to start blooming,i keep a little water feature for them to drink from and they dont poo in this.
Fal Posted - 26/04/2010 : 18:14:12
..and that would be sufficient even when they deficate in it? So it would reduce the amount you need to clean it out (the water), because I can imagine how messy it would be lol My beardie seems to drag it everywhere and we end up bathing him too lol
lee2308 Posted - 26/04/2010 : 08:34:02
thats why you would need a decent mechanical and biological filter (preferbly a canaster filter),i guarantee mine poo in clean water as soon as i put it in lol
Fal Posted - 26/04/2010 : 00:03:07
I love the big water bottomed setups, I just hear they deficate in it daily which I imagine causes a massive cleaning effort on a daily basis?
lee2308 Posted - 10/02/2010 : 21:03:42
lets see a pic of the set up then,im going for the whole water feature thing in the summer once i have got all the stuff,tricias site is very good and covers everything,that care sheet on the reptilian seems good too .We did have a discusion about putting fish in and its just not worth the risk as the carrie paracites
eeji Posted - 10/02/2010 : 20:28:42
don't put goldfish in, they'll get eaten and they're not healthy for wd's
curragh Posted - 10/02/2010 : 18:52:28
thanks for the help people i put water in his tank i had all the right
stuff in his tank i just needed to put water in his tank and i did now
he lvs it even tne fillter which i hate the sound of but i seen that
every 1 has it in thers so i put 1 in mine but should i put gold fish
in it need some help wb
eeji Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:55:20
Tricias Water Dragons (www.triciaswaterdragon.com) has everything you need to know about CWDs, and another good site is www.anapsid.org - that one is geared more towards iggys but also has a good WD section
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 19:38:02
They're so cool! Seen great setups with water at the bottom deep enough for them to swim in and loads of branches coming out for them to climb on as they are arboreal (like to hang out in trees). Awesome looking lizards!
curragh Posted - 09/02/2010 : 19:22:32
thanks mate
HannahB Posted - 09/02/2010 : 19:17:30
this one is on www.thereptilian.co.uk
its for Chinese Water Dragons.. hope it helps

http://www.thereptilian.co.uk/care_sheets/Chinese_water_dragon_Physignathus_cocincinus_care_sheet.htm

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000