water dragon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

curragh
Egg

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  19:11:54  Show Profile  Send curragh a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
doz any one no any care sheets about water dragons i just cant find any at all.

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  19:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this one is on www.thereptilian.co.uk
its for Chinese Water Dragons.. hope it helps

http://www.thereptilian.co.uk/care_sheets/Chinese_water_dragon_Physignathus_cocincinus_care_sheet.htm

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

curragh
Egg

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  19:22:32  Show Profile  Send curragh a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks mate
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  19:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're so cool! Seen great setups with water at the bottom deep enough for them to swim in and loads of branches coming out for them to climb on as they are arboreal (like to hang out in trees). Awesome looking lizards!

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  20:55:20  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tricias Water Dragons (www.triciaswaterdragon.com) has everything you need to know about CWDs, and another good site is www.anapsid.org - that one is geared more towards iggys but also has a good WD section

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

curragh
Egg

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  18:52:28  Show Profile  Send curragh a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the help people i put water in his tank i had all the right
stuff in his tank i just needed to put water in his tank and i did now
he lvs it even tne fillter which i hate the sound of but i seen that
every 1 has it in thers so i put 1 in mine but should i put gold fish
in it need some help wb
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  20:28:42  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
don't put goldfish in, they'll get eaten and they're not healthy for wd's

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  21:03:42  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lets see a pic of the set up then,im going for the whole water feature thing in the summer once i have got all the stuff,tricias site is very good and covers everything,that care sheet on the reptilian seems good too .We did have a discusion about putting fish in and its just not worth the risk as the carrie paracites

Edited by - lee2308 on 10/02/2010 21:06:59
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  00:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the big water bottomed setups, I just hear they deficate in it daily which I imagine causes a massive cleaning effort on a daily basis?

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  08:34:02  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats why you would need a decent mechanical and biological filter (preferbly a canaster filter),i guarantee mine poo in clean water as soon as i put it in lol

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  18:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
..and that would be sufficient even when they deficate in it? So it would reduce the amount you need to clean it out (the water), because I can imagine how messy it would be lol My beardie seems to drag it everywhere and we end up bathing him too lol

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  18:33:49  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes the mechanical part of the filter will remove the solids and once the bacteria has cycled in the biological medium in the filter that will fight the nasty stuff but this will take a week or 2 to start blooming,i keep a little water feature for them to drink from and they dont poo in this.

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2010 :  20:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Lee, it's all a pipe dream anyway, but that filter sounds great for whatever we use the tank for in the end, be it frogs, toads etc..

Would love a water dragon one day though!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000