The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Non feedin gecko

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 20:56:48
name says it all really. my gecko won't eat. her tail is shrunk and her eyes a squited.

anyone got advise?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Paulusworm Posted - 04/09/2009 : 14:17:12
I started a thread on there in the hunt for vets. A couple have been recommended. Here's the link.

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/lizards/371949-rep-vets-near-stockport.html#post4651341

I've spoken to a couple of good people on your thread that got caught up in the flaming and there have been a couple of offers of help made by them. Email, pm or messenger me for those details if you are interested. They will not pick holes or try and take your geckos but they are worth listening too.
BlueTongueDan Posted - 04/09/2009 : 11:48:27
Hope all goes well, Brookestar!
Keep us updated
Paulusworm Posted - 04/09/2009 : 00:13:27
Whereabouts in the uk are you Brookestar?
Paulusworm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:49:14
Haha. I've just added my penny's worth.
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:41:50
dont matter my mum read the convo on there and fuelled it so im stayin out
Paulusworm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:34:43
should have just pm'd her. Some don't tend to be too friendly sometimes. What did you call the thread?
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:30:02
and them ppl on the other side are so rude. telling me i talk S**T and having a go becoz gecko aint at vets now!
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:26:42
anyway of finding nearest to me? my searches on google arent helping
Paulusworm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:25:17
Looks like she had dumped her tail at some time before you got her. Check with SleepyD but she doesn't look well. Definately a visit to the vets.
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:19:57
HOW TAIL IS NOW

TAIL WHEN I GOT HER

SORRY PICS ARE BAD BUT I THINK PICS 2 AND 4 SHOW THE DIFFERENCE VERY WELL
Paulusworm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:18:17
I'm gonna be here for a while yet .
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:13:12
are you staying for a bit just uplaoding some pics of the tail now
Paulusworm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 23:10:21
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

yeah i do why?

Look up SleepyD on there. She is like Leo Gecko god. She may well have some ideas but I think she will probably say the same things I'm saying.
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 22:58:40
ive added you on msn btw paul
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 22:57:20
yeah i do why?
Paulusworm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 22:56:44
quote:

cheers mate. im in college tomoz but im sending my gf up for me.

i have just phoned a guy i know and he said give her some sugar water. is that advisable?

I've not heard of doing that. Do you have an account on the dark side?
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 22:53:49
cheers mate. im in college tomoz but im sending my gf up for me.

i have just phoned a guy i know and he said give her some sugar water. is that advisable?
Paulusworm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 22:45:29
quote:

its gone down by over half its width.

Get her to a rep vet as soon as possible. IMO that is a lot of weight loss for a youngster. If the vet frightens you with their price for a fecal, google "Pinmoore labs". They do complete one by post for thirty odd pounds but you will still need to book a consult with your rep vet to sort out treatment once you get the results.

Please buy some Nutribol asap. I can't emphasize enough on here how important it is that you start giving her that once/twice a week. If you want to add me on messenger my addy is on the bar above all of my posts. I'm more than happy to help if you've ever got any questions.
Brookestar Posted - 03/09/2009 : 22:35:08
paul, dont apologise for the questions i just want her sorted im afraid not on the pics. its gone down by over half its width.
Paulusworm Posted - 03/09/2009 : 22:26:31
quote:

juvi - maybe 3 weeks

I would get it too the rep vet for the weight loss and get a fecal done to check for parasites. Possible explanation for the weight loss. They can, however, go a couple of weeks or so without you seeing them eat whilst they settle in. How bad is the weight loss from the tail? Do you have a before and after pic that you can email me or post on here? Also, what substrate are you keeping her on?

You need to get some Nutribol online or from your local rep store and dust her food once or twice a week. She needs it because she must have the vitamin (the number of which has slipped my mind) which enables her to use the calcium in her diet to grow healthy strong bones. It's the vitamin that her body would produce in natural sunlight. Without it she will develop Metabolic bone disease.

Sorry for all the questions.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000