The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Bearded Dragons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
a2c7 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 18:53:53
Hi Guys,

My friend is looking to buy a beardie (she's wanted one for years) and I can't help but feel that her set up costs are ridiculously high.

Can I be cheeky and ask any beardie owners how much their set up cost them, if they remember?

Also, what type of bulb/s will she need exactly, because she's got a price of £90 in mind for the bulb, guard, plug and wire...which to me seems REALLY HIGH!

Thanks for any advice and information :)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bluepoolshark Posted - 13/06/2012 : 09:39:25
I went for Arcadia T5 lighting & Halogen spotlight for my beardie, bit more expensive but worth it for the better quality UV light, although still cost less tham £90 for the lot.
danny Posted - 03/06/2012 : 23:36:14
Hi far to much. you need a uv bulb with a minumum output of 10% 12% is better if possible.As for heat bulbs dont get any from a pet shop the red bulbs arent needed and are a waste of money. All you need on that side is a cable and a trip to bnq, you can get 2 normal 60w screw spotlights for 2 pounds and then just the screw in unit for around 3 pounds. If you go to www.mybeardeddragons.com all advise is on there includeing my care sheet etc please do feel free to pass it on and ask any questions there.

The only exspensive bit is uvb bulb/stat all the rest is pennys ,all my set ups have cost no more than 60 pounds and there all 4by2 foot theres pictures and ideas on the site provided.Aswell as pictures of my new breeds which are unique purebred bloodlines from australia,produceing high end leatherbacks.

Hope this helps
Danny
Oleary1982 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 19:53:40
£300-£400 seems average for a setup. As far as bulbs go they can b expensive. If you get a tall enough viv u can use the powersun/ or Arcadia d3. As this means u use one bulb instead of two. I also think its easier on the eyes than a uv tube
Zweb82 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 18:53:00
I've just bought this http://gr8reps.co.uk/shopfront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113&products_id=583&zenid=8fdb04c5a88fa0a1f4288420b29287ff

i bought the cabinet as well for extra £50.
Also bought thermometers and guard separate as well as extras all in all cost just a little over £300 without dragon.
Hope the link worked.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000