Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

a2c7
Hatchling

United Kingdom
320 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  18:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

My friend is looking to buy a beardie (she's wanted one for years) and I can't help but feel that her set up costs are ridiculously high.

Can I be cheeky and ask any beardie owners how much their set up cost them, if they remember?

Also, what type of bulb/s will she need exactly, because she's got a price of £90 in mind for the bulb, guard, plug and wire...which to me seems REALLY HIGH!

Thanks for any advice and information :)

Zweb82
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  18:53:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just bought this http://gr8reps.co.uk/shopfront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113&products_id=583&zenid=8fdb04c5a88fa0a1f4288420b29287ff

i bought the cabinet as well for extra £50.
Also bought thermometers and guard separate as well as extras all in all cost just a little over £300 without dragon.
Hope the link worked.
Go to Top of Page

Oleary1982
Hatchling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  19:53:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
£300-£400 seems average for a setup. As far as bulbs go they can b expensive. If you get a tall enough viv u can use the powersun/ or Arcadia d3. As this means u use one bulb instead of two. I also think its easier on the eyes than a uv tube

0.1.0 Citrus Tiger BD
1.0.0 Rainbow Leatherback BD
1.0 Staffie
0.1 Boxer x
0.1.0 Striped Amel
1.0.0 Snow Coral
Go to Top of Page

danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
369 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  23:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi far to much. you need a uv bulb with a minumum output of 10% 12% is better if possible.As for heat bulbs dont get any from a pet shop the red bulbs arent needed and are a waste of money. All you need on that side is a cable and a trip to bnq, you can get 2 normal 60w screw spotlights for 2 pounds and then just the screw in unit for around 3 pounds. If you go to www.mybeardeddragons.com all advise is on there includeing my care sheet etc please do feel free to pass it on and ask any questions there.

The only exspensive bit is uvb bulb/stat all the rest is pennys ,all my set ups have cost no more than 60 pounds and there all 4by2 foot theres pictures and ideas on the site provided.Aswell as pictures of my new breeds which are unique purebred bloodlines from australia,produceing high end leatherbacks.

Hope this helps
Danny

1x staffy-Roxy
I x iguana-zilla
Several tessera corns
Go to Top of Page

bluepoolshark
Egg

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  09:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went for Arcadia T5 lighting & Halogen spotlight for my beardie, bit more expensive but worth it for the better quality UV light, although still cost less tham £90 for the lot.

0.1.0 - Leopard Gecko (R/S Tremper Albino)- Toothless
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko (Dalmation) - Sizzle
1.0.0 - Royal Python (Pastel)- Sir Hiss
1.0.0 - Bearded Dragon (Hypo Tangerine) - Maximus
1.0.0 - Corn Snake (Amel Motley??) - Rossi
Wish List - BRB, GTP, Dartfrogs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page