The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Robins nest in my alleyway :O

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darrkang3l Posted - 22/04/2012 : 16:47:42
So today my little brother called me outside and as he was taking down a bag that had been hung up in the outside alleyway that is sheltered btw. a robin flew out and scared him. and inside the bag was a little nest with 5 eggs. see pic! i was amazed! we are always in and out of the garden so how had they done it unnoticed? anyone good with birds here? will they go back to the nest now they have been spooked? if they don't is there any way i can incubate them? Anything i should know that may help?

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 22/04/2012 : 18:33:01
u lucky little devil!!
kev 5 Posted - 22/04/2012 : 18:02:33
they should go back,the parents we're probably watching near by
scottishbluebird Posted - 22/04/2012 : 17:43:09
really hope they go back, really do like robins
darrkang3l Posted - 22/04/2012 : 17:13:32
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Leave them be! We had some robins nest, they hatched the babies and now for what ever reason, they left their 5 babies to die... maybe they got spooked by the dog :/or maybe all the hail we had killed them... the mum and dad never returned to them. So weird as we saw the going really busy feeding them for a week before they decided not to bother anymore.

don't worry lol i would rather let nature take its course and leave them be! i just wouldn't like to think i scared off the parents and now the eggs are going to die!
Sta~ple Posted - 22/04/2012 : 17:03:22
Leave them be! We had some robins nest, they hatched the babies and now for what ever reason, they left their 5 babies to die... maybe they got spooked by the dog :/or maybe all the hail we had killed them... the mum and dad never returned to them. So weird as we saw the going really busy feeding them for a week before they decided not to bother anymore.
darrkang3l Posted - 22/04/2012 : 16:55:31
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

what a place to build a nest nice and sheltered, i'd put it back where you found it and leave it, the birds should return if you stay out the way, don't forget the pics of little robins when they hatch.

Edit - even if you did incubate them, they would be unlikely to survive after hatching as its so difficult to feed a tiny helpless baby bird

it is back where i found it! on that metal hook there lol! ive banned anyone from entering/exiting the garden for a while so they will hopefully return. its mad tho cause the alley is only about a meter and a half wide so people must have been walking past them for a long time!
tordyjo Posted - 22/04/2012 : 16:50:26
what a place to build a nest nice and sheltered, i'd put it back where you found it and leave it, the birds should return if you stay out the way, don't forget the pics of little robins when they hatch.

Edit - even if you did incubate them, they would be unlikely to survive after hatching as its so difficult to feed a tiny helpless baby bird

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000