The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Birds of prey - pic heavy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Katie.Dublin Posted - 08/04/2012 : 22:44:24
Went to visit Dublin Falconry today! My friend's family owns a gun club and this is a new business after being set up on the premises. It was awesome! I got to fly an owl to and from my hand :D Anybody ever had the chance to do something like that before? It was amazing!

He had lots of falcons too and the SPEED of them was absolutely incredible. He was able to let him fly nearly a kilometer away and with one whistle he can call the bird back within seconds! Here's a few pics, not great quality because they were just on my phone!

Here's some display birds:

And this is his actual hunting bird. She's a proper machine and the only one kept at optimum hunting weight. She's the only one not used for display. She has her own corner of the falconry but you can see she's still not really impressed with all the people around. Apparently she's a killing machine and could easily take down an adult hare.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 09/04/2012 : 16:28:12
wow bet that was an awsome day, birds of prey are stunning, we had a little guy turn up at our stable yard one day, luckly one of the girls knew some one whos dad kept bird of prey who came and took him, said had we not found him he would probably have died. he had tags so was able to be returned to his owner. heres a pic of the little guy:
Donnie Posted - 09/04/2012 : 13:40:13
Was down in devon last year with the family and got to see a few falconry shows and loved them. Got to say the peregrine falcon was my favorite closely followed by the eagle owl that was nearly as big as my kids :)
paulie78 Posted - 09/04/2012 : 12:32:01
awww aweesome pics kate ive had the privilige of working with birds of prey and i love them but i have to say barn owls are my fav next to tawnies i used to work at secret world wildlife rescue and rehab centre we had a tawnie own,barn owl and resident eagle owls there the eagle owls werent tame and couldnt be handled but the tawnie and barn owl were imprinted to people we used to do talks with them i love birds of prey ive never been to a falconry centre but id love too
kev 5 Posted - 09/04/2012 : 12:18:22
birds of prey are stunning
ozziesmum Posted - 09/04/2012 : 09:20:31
I've had 2 tawnies one when I was about 10 she was an injured wild bird and 1 which we bought from a falconry centre and was captive bred, she was a rescue from a cruelty case and she was a sweetheart, she hated men but she loved children and we spent many a very happy afternoon at my sons school in the art class, she was never flown free as she used to attack men especially if they wore anything on their heads.
Sta~ple Posted - 09/04/2012 : 09:16:21
Jelly, they are so lovely!
nusnakemum Posted - 09/04/2012 : 08:31:10
beautiful always love to see the birds of prey displays, i was very chuffed to see a pair of buzzerds soaring over my garden this weekend - common i know but have never seen them over a fairly well populated bit of Swindon !!!!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 09/04/2012 : 01:57:40
They are so beautiful
SteGore Posted - 08/04/2012 : 23:20:40
Awesome!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 08/04/2012 : 23:18:51
It was a barn owl that I got to fly :)
Georgina Posted - 08/04/2012 : 22:52:57
very very cool, i used to have a snowy and a barn owl when i was a child x
tordyjo Posted - 08/04/2012 : 22:52:32
magnificent beautiful birds
Emmy1 Posted - 08/04/2012 : 22:52:08
Birds of prey are magic! I'm very lucky to have a good friend who keeps them as a side hobby, so I've had a golden opportunity to train with him on a few occassions. I don't think people realise just how much hard work they are, yet how much of a sense of achievement you can also get from them.
lotabob Posted - 08/04/2012 : 22:50:07
Love birds of prey they are just beautiful.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000