The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Ok...here goes (FAO lotabob and whoever else!)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Katie.Dublin Posted - 07/03/2012 : 20:04:38
I've decided that I'm fed up being absolutely terrified of spiders. I'm enlisting the help of all you exotic keepers that probably don't mind them too much!

Here's the extent of my : I literally start sweating if I see a picture of one.
I've spent the last hour reading the first 2 pages of results that came up after googling ''I'm so scared of spiders'' to try and find a solution to my absolute terror. Obviously a lot of the articles have pictures of spiders in them. I was sitting here shivering and sweating at all the tarantula pics that kept popping up as i scrolled and then BANG, a big close up of an ugly brown house spider, like the kind that does be in your house. I literally nearly shat my pants!!!

This is THE most impractical fear because I spend most of my time outside in barns and sheds and stables with the horses. Spiders everywhere!

I think there is hope for me however!! Every time lotabob puts up a photo of Trixie his pinky red leggy creature, I find her more and more......interesting?? Why is it that I don't understand how people can be scared of snakes and yet I would probably knock a baby into the path of an oncoming vehicle to get away from somebody chasing me with a spider.

I think i would literally be unstoppable if i wasn't scared of spiders! Heights, water, snakes, dogs, flying.......I'm fine with them! And they're on the list of most common phobias in the world.
I've decided that I'm fed up being absolutely terrified of spiders. I'm enlisting the help of all you exotic keepers that probably don't mind them too much!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 01/05/2012 : 18:46:51
fun but creepy at the same time!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 01/05/2012 : 18:15:40
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

Ok so i've been playing with and feeding a SPIDER! Kind of....?

www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/

lol that was fun, but DOES NOT COUNT!!!
Georgina Posted - 01/05/2012 : 17:22:26
still kinda creepy lol :)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 01/05/2012 : 13:29:57
Ok so i've been playing with and feeding a SPIDER! Kind of....?

www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/
Katie.Dublin Posted - 08/04/2012 : 11:08:48
Well it WOULD be a good incentive...!
nusnakemum Posted - 08/04/2012 : 09:29:45
good one Bluebird hee hee
scottishbluebird Posted - 07/04/2012 : 23:27:28
OOOOOH i know how to raise money for the forum!!!
We sponsor Katie & Stapey, and who ever else cant handle spiders to provide NON PHOTOSHOPPED pics.....not that id try to guilt them in to raising money for this WONDERFULL forum or anything
Sta~ple Posted - 07/04/2012 : 23:12:08
Just noticed, it looks like it kinda has eyelashes wtf
lotabob Posted - 07/04/2012 : 22:57:24
It is entertaining, should be renamed, 101 ways to make Katie's skin crawl.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 07/04/2012 : 22:05:59
Stapey has it on one!!! Turns out this thread isnt at all helpful lol
kev 5 Posted - 07/04/2012 : 22:02:13
nice to look at,don't think i would want to own one though
Sta~ple Posted - 06/04/2012 : 19:56:47
quote:
Originally posted by tk72
someone is watching you.

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 06/04/2012 : 10:31:32
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:

Ohhh god tk72 that was mean! Why do they need so many eyes?? Can they even see? Somebody explain to me lol. Lotabob you're up!

Meeee lol.

They can see, some jumping spiders have HUGE forward facing eyes to judge distance for erm jumping on their prey or contact lenseless ladies. Their main sense is their sense of touch, and the hairs that cover their body pick up movement, vibration and and some say they can even interpret sound through their hairs.

For anyone interested then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_spider has a good bit of info on jumping spiders (I'm looking to get one) and a great explanation of their eyes and vision.

They're interesting critters alright! But you are insane to want one! :P
tk72 Posted - 05/04/2012 : 22:31:38
Sorry just joking. But on the subject of being scared. One of the cleaners in my work has a phobia of snakes. A real bad one, you only have to say the word snake and she gets the sweats and feels sick. I offered to to bring Cola to work but she hit the roof and says no.
lotabob Posted - 05/04/2012 : 19:59:58
quote:

Ohhh god tk72 that was mean! Why do they need so many eyes?? Can they even see? Somebody explain to me lol. Lotabob you're up!

Meeee lol.

They can see, some jumping spiders have HUGE forward facing eyes to judge distance for erm jumping on their prey or contact lenseless ladies. Their main sense is their sense of touch, and the hairs that cover their body pick up movement, vibration and and some say they can even interpret sound through their hairs.

For anyone interested then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_spider has a good bit of info on jumping spiders (I'm looking to get one) and a great explanation of their eyes and vision.
Spreebok Posted - 05/04/2012 : 01:57:31
Haha, oh lordy TK! I don't find that too bad surprisingly!
Funny though, on the subject of house spiders, when we moved into our home about, gosh, 13 years ago now, there was a moult or the dead husk of a housespider (do they moult, I dunno) that hung from the ceiling by a bit of web. It was a tiny thing, nothing scary. However, being 6 at the time, and in a top bunk (still am haha!) I was quite close to it, and my little overactive mind would scare me. I called it an 'inch spider', and my silly little mind told me it moved an inch every year, and one year it would get me. Never occurred to me just to wipe it away. Heh, it's funny what the mind does to you, I'm pretty sure if I could remember more about when I was little, there'd be a fair few more clues as to why I'm such an anxious person now! (Well, not currently, the tablets see to that haha :P)
scottishbluebird Posted - 03/04/2012 : 01:32:54
LMAO @ tk72 that last pic was just cruel!!!
Kez Posted - 02/04/2012 : 22:58:42
OMG tk72, that' just wrong wrong wrong my feet are up off the floor again!!! lol
Katie.Dublin Posted - 02/04/2012 : 20:47:18
Katie.Dublin Posted - 02/04/2012 : 20:45:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kath

lol this is a funny post! I'm terrified of house spiders (had to share my gym with one last Thurs!!) but I have held 2 tarantulas & it's true what tarantula man said that they are a lot nicer than house spiders.
I can't believe I actually held them, I surprised myself. Thought I'd run out of the room screaming! I have to admit tho, when I felt the spiders moving on my arm, I gave them back pretty quick!

I did get really spooked out a few years ago when I went to put my slippers on as soon as I got out of bed, felt something in the toe area with my toe, tipped my slipper up.... & a big spider ran out of my slipper !!
Needless to say, for a while after that I checked my slippers before I put them on & I still shudder to this day when I think about my toe touching it! All I can say is good job I hadn't put my glasses on before or else I would have seen it in all it's glory!!!

Oh god I'm never more paranoid than when I take out my contact lenses. Every bit of black fluff is a potential man eater lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000