The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 hoggy or MBK

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Georgina Posted - 23/01/2012 : 00:06:46
when my two are ready to move up to their bigger viv's (over a year away) i will want to fill them with more snakeys, my OH wants a platinum or charchol corn and i cannot decided between a hognose or a mexican black kingsnake? and pros and cons?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 24/01/2012 : 18:34:57
I like the reddish coloured hoggies :D
Sta~ple Posted - 24/01/2012 : 18:30:53
If you want a lap snake, you should get a MBK. Mine despite the past few months not really being interested in food has started acting like a monster again. He gets all hissy sometimes at stuff in his viv or things that come in my room that get too close he doesn't like for any reason (sister, mum and cats)He occasional bites himself when he falls off his plants and hisses or bites himself when theres food about. and also loves to decorate and re arrange his viv but he is such a joy to handle! So calm, will just kinda sit there and let you stoke his head or chin XD

I think a few people have struggled to find MBK, maybe get a hoggie now and in june/july I'm sure their will be MBK hatchies about :p

kdlang Posted - 24/01/2012 : 10:42:46
Hoggie. They are really cute, have lots of character and don't take up much space. You have to be prepared for them refusing food and having personality changes on a regular basis. Mine are normally really chilled but are going through a spell of hissing and headbutting. It really is entertaining. I don't have an MBK but I do have a Cali King and he is quite a disappointment, no strops, hisses strikes etc. Doesnt even strike at his food. The only kinglike behaviour he does have is the tendancy to rearrange his viv
paulie78 Posted - 24/01/2012 : 09:55:25
Im shocked i thought everyone would root for the MBK Hoggies are cute though i can see the appeal i love oddballs and hoggies are definately oddballs my vote goes for the MBK though awesome looking beasties
Mort13 Posted - 24/01/2012 : 09:38:14
Congrats on deciding to get a hoggie.....it gives you extra time to find an MBK too.
Both are known for fiesty moments.
Hoggies are cute fat sausage snakes,feel totally different to a corn due to their keeled scales and the fact that they move differently.
My hoggie used to put the most entertaining threat displays going. Thats stopped now (which I'm kinda gutted about) but she's a brill snake,happy to sit in your hand and just chill out,everyone thats met her has been smitten with her.
MBK's are gorgeous sexy beasts,luurve their food but are a few sandwiches short of a picnic lol.
My MBK has been hanging off plants,striking at the viv glass etc because he dropped his mouse and couldn't find it again.....Doh! He also a one for hissing at things in his viv if they get in his way.When out he's fantastic,cuddly and the only snake that'll have his head stroked bless him.
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/01/2012 : 01:24:42
Yeah they stink a bit! but so worth the laughs and cuddles! great choice on the hoggie!!
Georgina Posted - 23/01/2012 : 19:38:00
i thinks its going to be a hoggie, i cant find anywhere remotley near me where i can get a MBK i looked at two hoggies today, both very active and about 9 inches long, very cute. one was brown and one was black (markings)

as for the ferrets, i dont have the room! my flat is teeny weeny and we share a garden i dont think the neighbours will relish in the fact that there would be ferrets downstairs. and they are a tab smelly, and the cats would eat them and they would eat the rabbits.......this is me trying to talk myself out of it.
scottishbluebird Posted - 23/01/2012 : 02:18:25
Duh, HOGGIE!!! Why only nearly with the loopies? mine just had a bath 10 mins later went under sink where there is a gap, came out with black paws and nose
gmac Posted - 23/01/2012 : 01:46:18

no point in waiting for the inevitable get them both now save wasting time later :D
Emmy1 Posted - 23/01/2012 : 00:27:41
Both got attitude, only hoggies are smaller and are more likely to just headbutt and hiss a lot, where as a King would rather wrestle your hand tooth and scale.
Georgina Posted - 23/01/2012 : 00:19:49
hooggies are so cute, and very interesting. but MBK's are so slick and cool. ooohhhh eeeeekkkkk i have so many animals i nearly bought 2 ferrets today!
lotabob Posted - 23/01/2012 : 00:13:51
I'm going to go against everything I've ever said and say a hoggie. I love MBK's but the hoggie just seems like a more interesting snake even if they look like they've been hit in the mush with an iron.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000