The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 sick african fat tailed gecko ......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
emerald-snake Posted - 13/09/2011 : 17:37:51
A friend has a sick gecko is there anybody knowledagble in this field who may be able to help .
If you could email me directly at trevor.pearse@gmail.com so that i can arrange for her to contact you .
Thankyou
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
emerald-snake Posted - 19/09/2011 : 13:18:34
its dead now thanks for the replys though
mikerichards Posted - 16/09/2011 : 23:35:31
As K has said, its impossible to help without having an idea of whats wrong, being sick doesnt really help, am guessing with a gecko though that its either really bendy legs, or its losing weight really fast and either eating or not eating. If its the first, lots of calcium, its called mbd, metabolic bone disorder, lack of calcium basically. second one is impossible to diagnose, probably internal parasites, pin worm most likely, they come from the live food, and it must be dealt with through the vets if they are unsure of what to do, another possibility is crypto, which is fatal 100% of the time, and can only be diagnosed through a fecal sample (same as parasites), there is no cure for crypto as yet.

If its something else, then get the details and post it, but tbh i would just go straight to the vets, as thats most likely to be the advice you get on here.
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/09/2011 : 18:31:57
If you give a rough idea of what is wrong as well, then many may be able to offer advice, although if it's that sick then the only recommendation I can suggest is a vet visit.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000