The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 despite all the research......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 03/08/2011 : 01:21:55
.....you can still get caught out....

As u all kno i got my second boa not so long ago . advertised by the seller as under 2 foot and a dwarf... went to pick her up and noticed she was no way near the 2 foot mark . got her home and did a rough measure up shes 3 foot and around 4 -5 inches....so i got back to the seller to double check that she was a dwarf . yes yes definately he said . i also wanted a birth date for her or a rough date in 09 which he didnt have . so i contacted marc norrie who she was bred by and asked him and found out alot more .
Shes not a dwarf , however the parents were 5 foot and 6 foot . so aslong as she is fed responsibly she wont get huge .
so it seems the seller was a little selective on the truth . i dont mind as i wouldnt change her for the world and have enough space for when shes bigger . i just thought i would share as it seems the term "dwarf" is very loose , so becareful and do ur research.....
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laws Posted - 08/08/2011 : 01:01:44
for sure , i kno she seems very relaxed and gentle , i wouldnt get sloppy when handling her or even as simple as changing her water , i let her kno we are there and are going into her rub . and feeding time is when we are most careful . we wont handle her when we defrost food for the corns and are so careful when feeding her , shes got an impressive food response and an even more impressive strike! so happy with her tho :)
eeji Posted - 07/08/2011 : 18:16:14
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

...we just treat her with respect and seem to be getting on great :)

thats the key - if you respect the snake for what it is and what it can potentially do without getting complacent you'll do fine :)
Laws Posted - 07/08/2011 : 16:08:25
thanks mike , well shes a really gentle snake and seems to be turning into a shoulder snake atm as thats where she goes and curls up with her head resting on my shoulder . we try and handle her as often as possible and like alot of people have said , the more we handle her , the less big she seems if that makes sense . when we first got her we were thinking shes massive . now not so much , we just treat her with respect and seem to be getting on great :)
mikerichards Posted - 07/08/2011 : 09:01:34
TBH 5-6ft is a dwarf, albeit a larger one. In all fairness to boas, if you keep them well and look after then well and handle with care and respect, they will do fine, and be a nice snake, and then really, 7ft+ isnt a problem at all. I have one now who is over 7ft, and have also had a 10.5ft and both of them are great to handle, neither of them where a problem.
scottishbluebird Posted - 03/08/2011 : 17:10:12
Even though that is bad enough, could have been worse, she could have pregnant
Katie.Dublin Posted - 03/08/2011 : 08:11:16
Get her to whatever size you want and stop feeding! That's how it works:D
(joke!) I bet you're a little bit excited for when she's 7 foot plus though ;)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000