Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  01:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
.....you can still get caught out....

As u all kno i got my second boa not so long ago . advertised by the seller as under 2 foot and a dwarf... went to pick her up and noticed she was no way near the 2 foot mark . got her home and did a rough measure up shes 3 foot and around 4 -5 inches....so i got back to the seller to double check that she was a dwarf . yes yes definately he said . i also wanted a birth date for her or a rough date in 09 which he didnt have . so i contacted marc norrie who she was bred by and asked him and found out alot more .
Shes not a dwarf , however the parents were 5 foot and 6 foot . so aslong as she is fed responsibly she wont get huge .
so it seems the seller was a little selective on the truth . i dont mind as i wouldnt change her for the world and have enough space for when shes bigger . i just thought i would share as it seems the term "dwarf" is very loose , so becareful and do ur research.....

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  08:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get her to whatever size you want and stop feeding! That's how it works:D
(joke!) I bet you're a little bit excited for when she's 7 foot plus though ;)

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  17:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though that is bad enough, could have been worse, she could have pregnant

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  09:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TBH 5-6ft is a dwarf, albeit a larger one. In all fairness to boas, if you keep them well and look after then well and handle with care and respect, they will do fine, and be a nice snake, and then really, 7ft+ isnt a problem at all. I have one now who is over 7ft, and have also had a 10.5ft and both of them are great to handle, neither of them where a problem.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  16:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks mike , well shes a really gentle snake and seems to be turning into a shoulder snake atm as thats where she goes and curls up with her head resting on my shoulder . we try and handle her as often as possible and like alot of people have said , the more we handle her , the less big she seems if that makes sense . when we first got her we were thinking shes massive . now not so much , we just treat her with respect and seem to be getting on great :)

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  18:16:14  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

...we just treat her with respect and seem to be getting on great :)

thats the key - if you respect the snake for what it is and what it can potentially do without getting complacent you'll do fine :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  01:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for sure , i kno she seems very relaxed and gentle , i wouldnt get sloppy when handling her or even as simple as changing her water , i let her kno we are there and are going into her rub . and feeding time is when we are most careful . we wont handle her when we defrost food for the corns and are so careful when feeding her , shes got an impressive food response and an even more impressive strike! so happy with her tho :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000