The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 my new boa

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 13/07/2011 : 23:31:09
hi again all, i got a new female boa, shes in shed at the mo so shes abt dull coloured tbh:

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 16/07/2011 : 23:29:17
if you only have 2 rooms, then wouldnt you have been better to quarintine the burm first for 3 months or however long, and the after that get the boa, not just buy a boa when you have no room to quarintine it
a33272 Posted - 16/07/2011 : 20:29:10
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

no, theres a quarrantine room and my normal snake room, oh and btw, ibd kils pyt6hon in 4 weeks so i know what im doing no stop the slagging off a33272

haha if i wanted to slag u off trust me I WOULD, it was a mere question considering you only got the burm a few weeks ago an have made no previous mention to quarantining it you should have atleast a 3month quarantine period, but as has been said what your doing isnt really quarantine, ud of been better gettin the burm quarantine done an then moved in room with other snakes first.

No dout you will now say im slagging you off though an insulting your knowledge
kelfezond Posted - 16/07/2011 : 20:17:15
@ Staple: lol! xD

@ Mamma: My comment wasn't aimed at you :)

@ Gmac: You're right I wasn't aware the burm and boa were in the same room, doesn't seem to be much he can do about it though now he's bought it and only has 2 rooms for snakes, I got stuck in the same situation with pandora, was not aware at the time I'd need a second room for quarantine I thought just using disinfectant between handling would be enough.

Goodluck with it all and fingers crossed nothing gets cross-contaminated from 1 to the other, if they are at opposite ends of a large enough room it should be okay I know a lot of pet shops deliberately keep boa's and pythons on complete opposite sides of the shop.
gmac Posted - 16/07/2011 : 19:52:43
quote:
Originally posted by kelfezond

Come on guys for the sake of appearance on the forum give it a rest :P The OP didn't ask for advice about quarantines what he wants to do is surely his choice and his responsibility?

It is upto any new owners choice yes but imagine if the boa brings in IBD and no quarantine or crpyto or even mites the whole collection is wiped out, not with mites but the whole collection is then infested so quariantine is incredibly important particularly when bringing new boas and pythons together, and if it takes threads like this to highlight this so be it. the fact that the new boa and burm are in the same room this is not quarantine.
Mamma Posted - 16/07/2011 : 19:50:44
quote:

Come on guys for the sake of appearance on the forum give it a rest :P The OP didn't ask for advice about quarantines what he wants to do is surely his choice and his responsibility?

ummm I wasnt having a go. Merely explained that I too was confused about the wording. I do apologise tho.
Sta~ple Posted - 16/07/2011 : 19:39:40
quote:

I would say the same except, if you knew this guy you would want to smash your face against a wall to make it all stop.

Its it a common or redtail?
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 16/07/2011 : 19:14:39
i live in a 1 bedroom flat so i only have 2 rooms that i can use, the bedroom and the living room, the bedroom is the quarantine room with the boa and burm at opposite ends and as far away from each other as possible while the living room is the general snake room.
kelfezond Posted - 16/07/2011 : 19:05:56
gmac Posted - 16/07/2011 : 18:17:38
you have a qaurantine room and a snake room, fair enough. Whats in your quarantine room as you only got the burm a little while back and cannot have been properly quarantined yet, and if its still in the quarantine room and the new boa is is the quarantine room then they are not really quarantined. Boas must be kept totally out of the way from pythons during this period.
Mamma Posted - 16/07/2011 : 14:59:58
hes not slaggin off. I thought the same thing as him. (The way you worded it) xx
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 16/07/2011 : 14:49:28
no, theres a quarrantine room and my normal snake room, oh and btw, ibd kils pyt6hon in 4 weeks so i know what im doing no stop the slagging off a33272
a33272 Posted - 14/07/2011 : 13:53:01
The boa an other snakes are in different rooms??? Where's the burm then u not quarantining that?
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 14/07/2011 : 11:22:00
i mean the boa and other snakes are in different rooms, i only setup her new home in the same room as it was easier to take the pics tbh
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 13/07/2011 : 23:52:17
nah different rooms and i wear sergical gloves which get chucked away afterwards, i know i havnt in the pics but thats for a reason, the gloves wont fit over the cast
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/07/2011 : 23:43:30
You gonna have sensible quarantine procedures with this one? Or are you gonna just hope it isn't carrying anything dodgy that could cause issues with your other livestock?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000