my new boa
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  23:31:09  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi again all, i got a new female boa, shes in shed at the mo so shes abt dull coloured tbh:

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  23:43:30  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You gonna have sensible quarantine procedures with this one? Or are you gonna just hope it isn't carrying anything dodgy that could cause issues with your other livestock?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  23:52:17  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nah different rooms and i wear sergical gloves which get chucked away afterwards, i know i havnt in the pics but thats for a reason, the gloves wont fit over the cast
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  11:22:00  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i mean the boa and other snakes are in different rooms, i only setup her new home in the same room as it was easier to take the pics tbh
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  13:53:01  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The boa an other snakes are in different rooms??? Where's the burm then u not quarantining that?

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  14:49:28  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no, theres a quarrantine room and my normal snake room, oh and btw, ibd kils pyt6hon in 4 weeks so i know what im doing no stop the slagging off a33272
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  14:59:58  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hes not slaggin off. I thought the same thing as him. (The way you worded it) xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  18:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you have a qaurantine room and a snake room, fair enough. Whats in your quarantine room as you only got the burm a little while back and cannot have been properly quarantined yet, and if its still in the quarantine room and the new boa is is the quarantine room then they are not really quarantined. Boas must be kept totally out of the way from pythons during this period.

Go to Top of Page

kelfezond
Snake Mite

42 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  19:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on guys for the sake of appearance on the forum give it a rest :P The OP didn't ask for advice about quarantines what he wants to do is surely his choice and his responsibility?
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  19:14:39  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i live in a 1 bedroom flat so i only have 2 rooms that i can use, the bedroom and the living room, the bedroom is the quarantine room with the boa and burm at opposite ends and as far away from each other as possible while the living room is the general snake room.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  19:39:40  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kelfezond

Come on guys for the sake of appearance on the forum give it a rest :P The OP didn't ask for advice about quarantines what he wants to do is surely his choice and his responsibility?

I would say the same except, if you knew this guy you would want to smash your face against a wall to make it all stop.

Its it a common or redtail?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 16/07/2011 19:42:22
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  19:50:44  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

ummm I wasnt having a go. Merely explained that I too was confused about the wording. I do apologise tho.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  19:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It is upto any new owners choice yes but imagine if the boa brings in IBD and no quarantine or crpyto or even mites the whole collection is wiped out, not with mites but the whole collection is then infested so quariantine is incredibly important particularly when bringing new boas and pythons together, and if it takes threads like this to highlight this so be it. the fact that the new boa and burm are in the same room this is not quarantine.

Go to Top of Page

kelfezond
Snake Mite

42 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  20:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Staple: lol! xD

@ Mamma: My comment wasn't aimed at you :)

@ Gmac: You're right I wasn't aware the burm and boa were in the same room, doesn't seem to be much he can do about it though now he's bought it and only has 2 rooms for snakes, I got stuck in the same situation with pandora, was not aware at the time I'd need a second room for quarantine I thought just using disinfectant between handling would be enough.

Goodluck with it all and fingers crossed nothing gets cross-contaminated from 1 to the other, if they are at opposite ends of a large enough room it should be okay I know a lot of pet shops deliberately keep boa's and pythons on complete opposite sides of the shop.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  20:29:10  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

no, theres a quarrantine room and my normal snake room, oh and btw, ibd kils pyt6hon in 4 weeks so i know what im doing no stop the slagging off a33272

haha if i wanted to slag u off trust me I WOULD, it was a mere question considering you only got the burm a few weeks ago an have made no previous mention to quarantining it you should have atleast a 3month quarantine period, but as has been said what your doing isnt really quarantine, ud of been better gettin the burm quarantine done an then moved in room with other snakes first.

No dout you will now say im slagging you off though an insulting your knowledge

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2011 :  23:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you only have 2 rooms, then wouldnt you have been better to quarintine the burm first for 3 months or however long, and the after that get the boa, not just buy a boa when you have no room to quarintine it

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000