The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Sanke feeding time blooper

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 08/05/2011 : 17:15:26
I wanted to try feed Sanke in her RUB as she does really mess around eating in a seperate tub so I was looking to see if it would make a difference. I held the mouse at the edge, she took aim and struck so hard she flew straight out of the RUB, I been the caring person I am caught her on reflex so she didn't fall (and my carpet is cream and the claret was flowing out of mousey) so I'm now stuck with a now very angry Boa in my hand, she is constricting the mouse still but the head is free roaming, every move gets a strike, I grab her feeding tub and try putting her in it but she grabs a hold of her plants in the RUB. She struck at me a few times but didn't bite me, a few connected too but I'm guessing she was warning me off her dinner so she then ate her dinner half in a RUB half in a feeding tub. I got lucky on the bite front the only blood shed was the mouses, it was my own fault, should have known she'd hit hard, will feed in a feeding tub for a bit I do that right. She was giving me some right stares, it incredible how expressive Boa eyes are, she was saying 'I'm a woman, I'm gonna store this to memory and see in 5 years time when I'm as thick as your neck, I'm going to get my revenge'.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
animalcrazy Posted - 09/05/2011 : 19:45:07
A wonderfully descriptive post lotabob. Made me smile. Your boa girl sounds a real character.
lotabob Posted - 09/05/2011 : 18:28:30
Luckily she was in my hand striking up in the air towards me while I sorted out another tub to put at the side. Was quite funny looking back but was a bit of a close call. Will know next time. Though the strike was incredible
Invalid User Posted - 09/05/2011 : 09:48:21
Hahaha FAIL!

There is no way I will put my hand anywhere near Merope once she has constricted her food. I would get tagged for sure.

I feed all my boas in their rubs, but hold the food over the middle, not the side, much easier that way! lol
lotabob Posted - 08/05/2011 : 22:31:35
No she ate it without a problem, it was quite a scary time once she'd finished, I had to lift her back into her RUB, decided to just go for it, she was super alert and coiled ready to pounce but just stayed in that pose as I picked her up and popped her back. Was an epic failure but live and learn and all that, I came out bite free and Sanke came out with a full belly so all is well that ends well. Better I get all my messups out of the way while she is little, when she's fully grown I don't think she'll be quite so forgiving.

edit for swearfiltering when I didn't honest
HannahB Posted - 08/05/2011 : 21:55:12
oh dear! clearly didn't put her off her grub though!
eeji Posted - 08/05/2011 : 18:31:41
lol, feeding failage! :D
Mamma Posted - 08/05/2011 : 18:04:33
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

'I'm a woman, I'm gonna store this to memory and see in 5 years time when I'm as thick as your neck, I'm going to get my revenge'.

heeheehee

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000