New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  17:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to try feed Sanke in her RUB as she does really mess around eating in a seperate tub so I was looking to see if it would make a difference. I held the mouse at the edge, she took aim and struck so hard she flew straight out of the RUB, I been the caring person I am caught her on reflex so she didn't fall (and my carpet is cream and the claret was flowing out of mousey) so I'm now stuck with a now very angry Boa in my hand, she is constricting the mouse still but the head is free roaming, every move gets a strike, I grab her feeding tub and try putting her in it but she grabs a hold of her plants in the RUB. She struck at me a few times but didn't bite me, a few connected too but I'm guessing she was warning me off her dinner so she then ate her dinner half in a RUB half in a feeding tub. I got lucky on the bite front the only blood shed was the mouses, it was my own fault, should have known she'd hit hard, will feed in a feeding tub for a bit I do that right. She was giving me some right stares, it incredible how expressive Boa eyes are, she was saying 'I'm a woman, I'm gonna store this to memory and see in 5 years time when I'm as thick as your neck, I'm going to get my revenge'.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  18:04:33  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

'I'm a woman, I'm gonna store this to memory and see in 5 years time when I'm as thick as your neck, I'm going to get my revenge'.

heeheehee

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  18:31:41  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol, feeding failage! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  21:55:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh dear! clearly didn't put her off her grub though!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  22:31:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No she ate it without a problem, it was quite a scary time once she'd finished, I had to lift her back into her RUB, decided to just go for it, she was super alert and coiled ready to pounce but just stayed in that pose as I picked her up and popped her back. Was an epic failure but live and learn and all that, I came out bite free and Sanke came out with a full belly so all is well that ends well. Better I get all my messups out of the way while she is little, when she's fully grown I don't think she'll be quite so forgiving.

edit for swearfiltering when I didn't honest

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Edited by - lotabob on 08/05/2011 22:33:53
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  09:48:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahaha FAIL!

There is no way I will put my hand anywhere near Merope once she has constricted her food. I would get tagged for sure.

I feed all my boas in their rubs, but hold the food over the middle, not the side, much easier that way! lol
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  18:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luckily she was in my hand striking up in the air towards me while I sorted out another tub to put at the side. Was quite funny looking back but was a bit of a close call. Will know next time. Though the strike was incredible

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

animalcrazy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  19:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A wonderfully descriptive post lotabob. Made me smile. Your boa girl sounds a real character.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000