The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Bert the Bearded Dragon!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
saamicaat Posted - 02/04/2011 : 15:55:58
Bert arrived today, in a 2ft vivarium and he's just over a foot long so I'm sure that's not right...so he's getting a new viv! His claws are really quite long and sharp so that also needs sorting...other than that he's great! Quite big but very friendly and docile! Very pleased to give him a new home

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 20/04/2011 : 18:00:00
Beardies are great pets. Love mine to bits. Poor little guy, fancy someone keeping him a 2ft viv. He's going to need a 4ft one! Glad he's got a good home now.
saamicaat Posted - 19/04/2011 : 11:01:37
Sorry for the long reply!
I had been looking for a beardie for a while but my parents were like "no blah exams blah costs blah" so they firmly put their foot down. My friends mum works for the local council and they have a free ad thing online where they can advertise things they don't want, and luckily Bert was on there. Free with vivarium and everything. I asked why they were getting rid of him and the woman said he was her sons and he was moving to london for a new job and didn't have enough room for Bert. So I got lucky!
I have kept him on sand as he hasn't had any problems with it, his claws are a reasonable length now we've put some stuff in his viv for him to climb so they're worn down a little. He is the most stupid animal I have ever come across, he likes being tickled under the chin and will sit on my shoulder for a good hour or so and not move! I should've gotten one sooner!
Kehhlyr Posted - 12/04/2011 : 23:30:19
Woo for beardie.
Can I ask how you came about to aquire him??

The ingestion of sand is a valid one, but it does have other benefits as well.
3 of my beardies are kept on sand, they have lovely short and not overly sharp claws. The idiot one that has no sand has very sharp and long claws.
It's gotten to the point where we've found it better to have most of the bottom of the idiot beardies viv covered with bricks to try to wear them down a bit.
Mort13 Posted - 12/04/2011 : 21:59:12
Sounds like Bert is going to be a spoilt little beardie.
lee2308 Posted - 02/04/2011 : 21:58:12
great to hear his got a good new home
saamicaat Posted - 02/04/2011 : 20:13:57
Hello! Just managed to get Bert out after about half an hour of trying to do so, discovered that he is missing a few toes and is actually the most docile of animals. We then put him back, opened the door again as he wanted to come out and managed to escape...he is safely back in his viv banging on the glass and sides as he wants to get out and be held!
He is on sand and it#s really disgusting, it's full of old dirt and shed :| Changing that tomorrow as I was expecting him to come in a clean viv! Other than the missing toes and potentially broken toe which doesn't bend or move at all he seems fine and healthy and is such a character!
Mort13 Posted - 02/04/2011 : 19:57:56
He's gorgeous.
Is he on sand? I'd recommend changing to chips if so as he may ingest the sand.
Sta~ple Posted - 02/04/2011 : 18:29:59
Dawww bless him!
gmac Posted - 02/04/2011 : 17:05:33
looks good sammicaat, and you are right 2ft is too small for a 1ft dragon a 4ft is better for them

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000