Bert the Bearded Dragon!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

saamicaat
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  15:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bert arrived today, in a 2ft vivarium and he's just over a foot long so I'm sure that's not right...so he's getting a new viv! His claws are really quite long and sharp so that also needs sorting...other than that he's great! Quite big but very friendly and docile! Very pleased to give him a new home

Medusa the Carolina Corn and Bert the Bearded Dragon.

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  17:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks good sammicaat, and you are right 2ft is too small for a 1ft dragon a 4ft is better for them

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  18:29:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dawww bless him!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  19:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's gorgeous.
Is he on sand? I'd recommend changing to chips if so as he may ingest the sand.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

saamicaat
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  20:13:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello! Just managed to get Bert out after about half an hour of trying to do so, discovered that he is missing a few toes and is actually the most docile of animals. We then put him back, opened the door again as he wanted to come out and managed to escape...he is safely back in his viv banging on the glass and sides as he wants to get out and be held!
He is on sand and it#s really disgusting, it's full of old dirt and shed :| Changing that tomorrow as I was expecting him to come in a clean viv! Other than the missing toes and potentially broken toe which doesn't bend or move at all he seems fine and healthy and is such a character!

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  21:58:12  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
great to hear his got a good new home

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  21:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like Bert is going to be a spoilt little beardie.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  23:30:19  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woo for beardie.
Can I ask how you came about to aquire him??

The ingestion of sand is a valid one, but it does have other benefits as well.
3 of my beardies are kept on sand, they have lovely short and not overly sharp claws. The idiot one that has no sand has very sharp and long claws.
It's gotten to the point where we've found it better to have most of the bottom of the idiot beardies viv covered with bricks to try to wear them down a bit.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 12/04/2011 23:32:41
Go to Top of Page

saamicaat
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  11:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the long reply!
I had been looking for a beardie for a while but my parents were like "no blah exams blah costs blah" so they firmly put their foot down. My friends mum works for the local council and they have a free ad thing online where they can advertise things they don't want, and luckily Bert was on there. Free with vivarium and everything. I asked why they were getting rid of him and the woman said he was her sons and he was moving to london for a new job and didn't have enough room for Bert. So I got lucky!
I have kept him on sand as he hasn't had any problems with it, his claws are a reasonable length now we've put some stuff in his viv for him to climb so they're worn down a little. He is the most stupid animal I have ever come across, he likes being tickled under the chin and will sit on my shoulder for a good hour or so and not move! I should've gotten one sooner!

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  18:00:00  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Beardies are great pets. Love mine to bits. Poor little guy, fancy someone keeping him a 2ft viv. He's going to need a 4ft one! Glad he's got a good home now.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000