The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Tortoise

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 09/06/2010 : 13:00:22
I'm researching tortoises.
Do any of you keep tortoises? If you do what kind are they? Would you recommend them as a good pet? Describe their characters and quirky little ways, please. Do you have any photos? The good and bad points of owning one? Please can you share as much information as possible on them. The sort of information not found on websites. You know, the sort you only find out from keeping them!
Thanks.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 21/06/2010 : 17:43:49
You do a fair amount of space for the tortoise table and enough garden to do an outdoor enclosure. But they are lovely. Really pleased with our little Ebenezer.
kdlang Posted - 21/06/2010 : 16:36:53
I think tortoises are sooo cute. My sister has got one and it has made me tempted to get one but I need a much bigger house first lol
n/a Posted - 21/06/2010 : 16:07:51
Ive got an Eastern Hermans called Bettie
xXx
stotty01 Posted - 11/06/2010 : 19:30:52
hahaha much love for our little guy, as we speak he is headbutting a binliner....he really needs a female as he in the mood for love as they say hahah not bad for a 70 year old :O
herriotfan Posted - 10/06/2010 : 22:32:18
Bless him!!!!
stotty01 Posted - 10/06/2010 : 21:56:17
oh yes, here is a vid of him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7xM2-ZzFBc
herriotfan Posted - 10/06/2010 : 21:27:09
Ok thanks. He sounds like a jolly good pet, fun to have around.
stotty01 Posted - 10/06/2010 : 21:11:20
we had him for about 5 years now, goes in a box in the garage, just make sure they eat alot before hibdernation like bob has just ate 2 wwhole lettices today a apple and a few pieces of cumber and dandelions, they will need alot of food
herriotfan Posted - 09/06/2010 : 20:28:29
What about in the winter, don't you have to hibernate him? How long have you had him?
stotty01 Posted - 09/06/2010 : 20:25:19
i have a tortoise :D i have a spur thighed tortoise, they are a amazing pet to have, we found ours just plooding down the road :O we put a add in the paper no one wanted it so we kept it :D probally the funniest pet we have aswell, headbutts shoes chases the dog and chases me XD such a cool pet, leave him in the garden all year so basically a free range tortoise :P

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000