The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Newbie Sayin HI!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tatsie-j Posted - 13/05/2010 : 09:13:11
Hello 2 all im new here thought id join 2 get lots of advice on looking after my corns! i have 2 corns zebedee and coraline both are nearly a year old. so hi all
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 23/05/2010 : 09:25:59
heya and welcome
Mouse Posted - 20/05/2010 : 11:41:00
Hiya and welcome!! :D
KITTYCAT Posted - 20/05/2010 : 07:34:40
hi welcome to the forum
Kellog Posted - 17/05/2010 : 04:21:02
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsie-j

I managed to convince the OH so went 2 get the hatchling yesterday and the shop has lost it!!! 1 of the staff dropped it and they cant find it! it was an anery n beautiful i was so gutted but he then showed me another anery hatched feb 09 so older than Zebedee but i decided 2 rescue it lol as its been in the shop for over a year! hes 90% sure shes a girl snake got her out so i could hold her n she coiled around my wrist n just sat there! so im now thinking up a name lol i will post a pic of her!

So sorry you didnt manage to get the snake you wanted Natalie....I cant believe they dropped it - the more I hear about this shop the less I like it .

But I am not surprised you didnt come away empty handed and your anery is gorgeous - although I am slightly biased towards them, think they are overlooked so often for the more 'fashionable' morphs when they are actually quite stunning....just look at my Silvesta !

Remember the 'one week rule' ....and hopefully that week will give you enough time to come up with a name for her. Try looking at this thread, there are just a few suggestions for snake names - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673&SearchTerms=Snake+names.

Please do listen to the advice given about separating Zebedee and Coraline as soon as possible....even if you need to do something temporary until you can arrange for permanent homes for them. Hillzi has explained very well just how dangerous this is for them, especially for Coraline. Have you given up on the idea of splitting the viv they are in, as it is really too big for such small snakes?
Am afraid I cant help you with advice about stacking vivs, but am sure other forum members do it so will be able to advise you.

xxx
n/a Posted - 16/05/2010 : 19:41:38
hello and welcome. lovely snakes you have there
Tatsie-j Posted - 16/05/2010 : 19:33:09
yeah i really want 2 seperate them just not sure on the best way 2 do it how does stacking vivs work etc?
hillzi Posted - 16/05/2010 : 18:28:27
Hi there.

Nice snakes, but like the others have said i'd get them seperate pretty sharpish.. Males become sexually mature before the females, and male snakes are persistent buggers, as Mike said in a thread male snakes will rape as it were the female, she will become incredibly exhausted from being harased, not only the case as I'm sure he others have said too, she could become egg bound if mated too early.
lee2308 Posted - 16/05/2010 : 11:44:46
hi and welcome to the forum
Tatsie-j Posted - 15/05/2010 : 10:54:17
Tatsie-j Posted - 15/05/2010 : 10:42:43
I managed to convince the OH so went 2 get the hatchling yesterday and the shop has lost it!!! 1 of the staff dropped it and they cant find it! it was an anery n beautiful i was so gutted but he then showed me another anery hatched feb 09 so older than Zebedee but i decided 2 rescue it lol as its been in the shop for over a year! hes 90% sure shes a girl snake got her out so i could hold her n she coiled around my wrist n just sat there! so im now thinking up a name lol i will post a pic of her!
Kellog Posted - 15/05/2010 : 03:48:08
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsie-j

yeah we are looking into spliting the tank in half 4 them! finding Zebedee was hard work lol i tipped my front room upside down looking 4 him i wouldnt have given up! had a talk about the hatchling last night n think ive convinced OH!! showed him all the pics on here of the beautiful snakes n hes won over lol. Its strange how he was the 1 that wanted 2 get Zebedee in the first place n i wasnt sure now im hooked n totally in love with them lol

So glad you are looking into splitting the tank, as quickly as possible I would suggest.

I can imagine what it must have been like when Zebedee escaped. We have had quite a few lost snakes with our forum members and they have been found in some very odd places (like in a computer and inside a towel that a member's grandad was about to use when he got out of the shower !!). Some have been missing for minutes, others for days and I think one returned after 7 months. The one thing all the owners had in common was that they didnt give up hope and kept turning the place upside down and following all the tips to try and find their snake. Lets hope Zebedee doesnt make a 2nd attempt !

Why does it not surprise me that you may have convinced your OH about the hatchling , showing him all the pics on here was a really good move!! As he was the one who originally wanted a snake I guess it didnt take him long to feel that corn addiction kicking in when he looked at all our gorgeous snakes.

I am also not surprised that you went from not being sure to being totally in love with Zebedee and Coraline - it is that old corn magic !

xxx
Tatsie-j Posted - 14/05/2010 : 09:42:17
yeah we are looking into spliting the tank in half 4 them! finding Zebedee was hard work lol i tipped my front room upside down looking 4 him i wouldnt have given up! had a talk about the hatchling last night n think ive convinced OH!! showed him all the pics on here of the beautiful snakes n hes won over lol. Its strange how he was the 1 that wanted 2 get Zebedee in the first place n i wasnt sure now im hooked n totally in love with them lol
Kellog Posted - 14/05/2010 : 04:18:14
Everyone is right in what they say Natalie, Zebedee and Coraline are beautiful snakes.

I would certainly listen to HannahB's advice and separate them as soon as possible. Although they may not seem stressed you cannot know for sure and you are not with them 24hrs a day. If you still have any doubts about it then read this thread, it gives both sides of the argument (and you will see what a heated topic it can be) but I think it shows pretty clearly why your decision to put them in different tanks would be a good one (and as soon as possible) - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070. I know it is a long topic but definitely worth looking at.

As I mentioned in my post, unfortunately it is hard to find good advice out there (especially from pet shops) and all too often people have been told it is fine to co-habit, without knowing the dangers involved. The best thing to do is to educate yourself as much as possible.

As far as Zebedee's constant escape attempts, well done for finding him when he went walk about and well done for plugging the gap with cardboard. I have used a paper-binder to seal the gap between the glass with Silvesta and it has worked perfectly.

And dont worry about it....a lot of us have OH's that say 'NO!!' , despite our bribery, blackmail and begging !!

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 14/05/2010 : 01:34:17
heya n welcome to the forum :D
DannyBrown91 Posted - 13/05/2010 : 23:26:59
Hey, welcome to the forum.
gmac Posted - 13/05/2010 : 23:08:03
hiya and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 13/05/2010 : 15:49:45
Hello and Welcome
This is THE BEST place to get Corn Snake Advice
herriotfan Posted - 13/05/2010 : 15:15:48
They are beautiful snakes. I'm no morph expert but it looks like an amel and a normal to me. What do the rest of you think?
Tatsie-j Posted - 13/05/2010 : 15:02:06
yeah i def agree with you i still have my starter tank so might put 1 back in there or divide the viv down the middle never really thought bout it in the sense of them competing!
HannahB Posted - 13/05/2010 : 13:39:55
hey and welcome
very sweet pic
but you are right, you should think about separating them - its not in a corns interest to be living with another corn all the time - its stressful for both and whilst it looks cute them being curled up together its them both competing for the same spot in the viv,
plus theres a chance that you have a 1.1 pair (male and female) and that the male will start harrassing the female for kinky time before shes ready to which could result in her dying if shes not big enough,

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000