The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi from Glasgow

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
deadmansfinger Posted - 27/04/2010 : 00:08:34
Hi, I got my first ever snake tonight. I was told she is an Ultramel Anery? Here's a pic:-

Just got her home a few hours ago and gave her a defrosted mouse, she came straight out and ate it. The previous owner said she was a good eater and it seems they were right! She was born early '09 and measure approx 18" long. I haven't measured her accurately yet as I wanted to let her settle in first. She is currently in a smallish RUB and I have ordered a 145 litre version for her to eventually move into so I plenty time to get it setup perfectly.

I looked in local petshops and couldn't decide what morph to get then I saw this one in the local classifieds and it was an easy decision to make.
Great site. I have been lurking here for the past week collecting information before I decided to bite the bullet and get a cornsnake.

I look forward to asking you all loads of questions, especially concerning my new setup.

Brian
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
deadmansfinger Posted - 10/05/2010 : 18:17:08
Yeh they probably advertised her there too. You should have gone for her, shes gorgeous I am 30 miles the other side of Glasgow in Airdrie.
KITTYCAT Posted - 10/05/2010 : 16:48:16
No i dont no them but i had seen it on preloved and had thought about getting it but other half told me to behave myself as i have 3 snakes just now and i only got my king snake in march im 30 miles from glasgow in north ayrshire
deadmansfinger Posted - 10/05/2010 : 16:24:55
quote:
Originally posted by KITTYCAT

Hi n welcome to the forum Dont mean to be nosey but the picture of your snake looks familiar did you get it from a guy in paisley, She is lovely.

Yeh I did. It was a girl called Maddie, not sure what the guys name was. The first pic was taken by them, it was the one they used to advertise her on gumtree. Do you know them or did you see the advert?
KITTYCAT Posted - 10/05/2010 : 16:15:01
Hi n welcome to the forum Dont mean to be nosey but the picture of your snake looks familiar did you get it from a guy in paisley, She is lovely.
deadmansfinger Posted - 10/05/2010 : 11:07:40
Thanks I was a bit concerned when I first moved her into that RUB as it is 145 litres but she seems to have taken to it fine and has been out and about exploring etc. Now that she has eaten her first meal in it I can totally relax
Kellog Posted - 10/05/2010 : 10:51:42
Fantastic seeing Maple eat and love your set-up (son said exactly the same thing when he saw the pic). Fantastic bits of wood in there. There certainly are arguments for and and against RUBS, both of mine are in wooden vivs and I love being able to see in them all the time - but they are in permanent positions so dont have to be moved at all (just covered occasionally when friends who are scared of snakes come over) and they are definitely harder to clean....but I do love being able to see their set-ups and both snakes when they are out and about, which is a lot at the moment as they are both horny.

Maple really is a beautiful snake.

xxx
deadmansfinger Posted - 10/05/2010 : 10:14:55
That's why I chose a RUB over a wooden viv this time as it seems less of a permanent fixture and is easily moved for cleaning etc. Just take it outside and hose it clean. Also the snake lives in our big spare room which is where friends sleep if they stay over and some people are a bit funny sharing a room with a snake so I can easily move the RUB into another room for the night without too much hassle.
Mouse Posted - 10/05/2010 : 09:47:29
They look so happy when munching away!!

Like the set up!!

I may make a multi-RUB set up for when (if) my eggies hatch and they get a bit bigger. It looks like they'd be easier to clean out! (A lot lighter to empty and easy to stick in the sink to wash! :D)
deadmansfinger Posted - 09/05/2010 : 20:25:39
Some pics of Maples feeding time. I fed her in her RUB today as she didn't eat last week due to being blue. This mouse lasted about 2mins!

Brian
deadmansfinger Posted - 07/05/2010 : 20:48:39
I got a 300 watt Habistat thermostat from ebay for £25 delivered
deadmansfinger Posted - 07/05/2010 : 18:03:01
My habistat pulse thermostat is knackered so I am going to get either a MicroClimate Ministat 100w or a Habistat MatStat.

Do anyone recommend one over the other? I have used both brands before and both seemed fine but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers,
Brian.
deadmansfinger Posted - 02/05/2010 : 17:18:12
You've got a good guard dog!
gmac Posted - 02/05/2010 : 16:07:36
very cool Brian, now get those pics up no excuses , Although I did check Troys viv this morning just to make sure he was still here, and not rehomed in Airdrie, as he never made any appearances yesterday lol
deadmansfinger Posted - 02/05/2010 : 16:04:09
Week one over and Maple was out today, even my wife held her (thanks for gmac for the tips on this) This morning she had done 3 poos so I am guessing last weeks mouse is out of her system, just in time for a feed tomorrow. I also weighed her and she weighs 80 grams.

It's been an interesting first week.

Thanks again,
Brian.
deadmansfinger Posted - 01/05/2010 : 17:47:36
Thanks for the welcome guys and girls
HannahB Posted - 30/04/2010 : 22:20:07
hey and welcome
col654 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 16:18:54
Hi and welcome from killie lol
deadmansfinger Posted - 30/04/2010 : 13:00:51
After that picture you sent me before via msn no I definately don't have a webcam on you
Taz Devil Posted - 30/04/2010 : 11:30:51
quote:
Originally posted by deadmansfinger

Hi Rob nice to see you on here

Have you got my machine rigged with a web cam. ;)
deadmansfinger Posted - 30/04/2010 : 11:12:44
Hi Rob nice to see you on here

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000