The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 snake pooh

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 17:12:32
hi everybody we have a lovely little corn snake called monty hes a abt 12 wks old? please could somebody tell me if they are ment to pooh every wk?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 19:58:05
I never noticed that part until she poohed in my shirt the first time.
quote:
Originally posted by Matts_Mum

Welcome... No one warned me just how bad snake poo smells, lol.

n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 17:56:14
hi and welcome
elament Posted - 17/01/2010 : 12:27:16
Hi and welcome to the forum from another newbie. I find my corn colin (born sept 08) usually poos two to three days after a meal and usually on me or my oh (i swear he saves em for us).

Cheers

Steve
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 10:59:44
Welcome... No one warned me just how bad snake poo smells, lol.
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 10:51:16
welcome to the forum
lucifer Posted - 17/01/2010 : 02:33:12
Welcome to the forums
HannahB Posted - 17/01/2010 : 00:29:10
hey and welcome
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 17:08:18
Welcome to the forum. In the beginning Snickers poohed two or three days after feed.
quote:
Originally posted by dynana

hi everybody we have a lovely little corn snake called monty hes a abt 12 wks old? please could somebody tell me if they are ment to pooh every wk?

LittleMick Posted - 16/01/2010 : 01:34:20
Hi dynana, welcome to the forum, nice topic to start your time in the forum with, lol.

Welcome.
gingerpony Posted - 15/01/2010 : 21:21:38
heya and welcome
kdlang Posted - 15/01/2010 : 21:11:18
Hi and welcome
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 20:48:45
Welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 20:48:05
Hi and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 20:37:14
thankyou everybody :) x
Kellog Posted - 15/01/2010 : 20:12:49
Hi Gemma! Welcome to the forum! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus . Not sure what you already know about snakes or how long you have had your snake, so apologies for if I am telling you stuff you already know, but better told twice than not at all.

I am not sure when you got your corn, but I am hoping you were told the one-week rule - no handling or feeding for the first week after getting him. This gives him time to get over the stress of the move and get used to his new environment. All you should do is change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means he has a chance to get used to your smell. I know this is a very frustrating time cos all you want to do is handle your new snake, but it is worth doing for your snake's benefit. You may be past this stage....but thought it worth a mention. If you were not told about it (and unfortunately few people are ) then it may be worthwhile starting it from now, especially if your snake is showing any signs of stress.

Kehhlyr has already mentioned the 2 best places to look for information: the care sheet which is very good and has lots of information for new snake owners. And the topic on 'Your 1st Snake'.

I am so glad you have already started asking questions. No question asked on this forum is a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! Use the search option in top right corner to get information and if you cant find the answer there then ask!! Unfortunately pet shops often give 'questionable' advice , so please check out on here anything you are told just to make sure that what they have said is right.

Your question regarding how often your corn is meant to poo has really been answered. I would also add that when they are small and growing fast they are absorbing all they can from their food, which means they will only excrete a small amount. This means that when they do poo it is often small and can easily be missed if your snake is on a substrate, rather than on kitchen roll. When was he fed, how often is he feeding and what is he feeding on?

I hope when you got your corn you got as much info as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !

Unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible! This link will help... http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - Keeping corns is very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while others who are not so lucky try to contain their jealousy!!

xxx

n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 19:50:17
Hi Dynana,

Welcome from another newbie, We too have a new baby who is almost the same age as your monty, this site has been great since having him and every question i have asked has been answered, so don't worry about asking them anything. :-)
Kehhlyr Posted - 15/01/2010 : 18:51:04
I see no need to answer questionn for you now that have already been answered.

So for now I shall just say hello and welcome to the forum.

There is a wealth of info on the forums, any questions then feel free to ask, or use the search button on the top right as some questions have probably already been answered.

Have a looky at these topics as well, they go into a bit of detail for the basics for you as well:
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm
Sammysnake Posted - 15/01/2010 : 17:54:01
I agree. My baby poos twice a week, the first two or three days after dinner.
newsnakekeeper Posted - 15/01/2010 : 17:14:28
hiya corn snakes will poo about 3 days after they have fed and digestied there meal. It may also pass any poo that is has inside it from last feed i have found this out when i got my corn snake

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000