The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Please Help!!...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 22/12/2009 : 13:24:38
Hi...

I have an adult female corn snake that i have had for about 5 years.. over the years other corns have been introduced to the viv and she has been fine, but today when i introduced a younger male (which has been done before with no problems) she reacted very badly, butting the glass to try and get out. I have now seperated them but she still seemes stressed out.. is there anything i can do for her and will she be ok?? Would appreciate any help with this guys and thanks for your time xx
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 23/12/2009 : 03:29:23
Welcome to the forum Micky1! As you have already found out, this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. So, as GingerPony said, you dont have to have a problem to stay.

Am so relieved that you have separated them and that your female has now calmed down. She obviously just needed time to de-stress (she is a female, she is allowed to make a fuss ) and reassure herself that her viv was not being taken over again! Am assuming you had a set-up available to move the male into? You have obviously had a number of corns over time. Look forward to learning more about you and also having some of your experience added to the 'library' of knowledge available here on the forum!!

No matter how long people have had snakes there is always more to learn, so remember that no question asked on this forum is a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

No-one has mentioned the unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible!

Once again, I am so happy she has settled down again now...it must have been such a worry for you, which was obvious is your first post. It shows you are one of us - a corn snake lover who wants only the best for his snakes! So welcome to the 'Club'!

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 22/12/2009 : 21:51:41
heya and welcome

you don't have to have a problem to stay!! lol
n/a Posted - 22/12/2009 : 19:56:05

Good to hear that, Micky1. Any idea what eventually calmed her down?

n/a Posted - 22/12/2009 : 18:08:23
Hi all and thanks for all of your advice... i know where i'll be comin next time i need some more... so, no doubt u'll be hearing from me very soon lol. ... she has calmed down now so fingers crossed she'll be k.... xxxx
hiper2009 Posted - 22/12/2009 : 16:32:31
Hello and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 22/12/2009 : 16:04:55
quote:
Originally posted by Micky1

thanks matty...i havre seperated them now... was just worried beacause she dosnt seemed to have calmed down even tho they are now seperate xx

Possibly she can still sense his smell in her viv and so still feels threatened. How about trying a full clean for the viv, just to get rid of any residual scents that are still bothering her?

HannahB Posted - 22/12/2009 : 15:07:07
she might take a while to calm down - a completely new male snake had just been put in her viv with all new smells and everything..it probably has stressed her out a lot
maybe its her way of saying she doesnt want company in her viv

hey and welcome btw
n/a Posted - 22/12/2009 : 13:48:14
thanks matty...i havre seperated them now... was just worried beacause she dosnt seemed to have calmed down even tho they are now seperate xx
n/a Posted - 22/12/2009 : 13:45:24
she was fine before we put the new male in. Once he was in there she started butting the glass as if to escape.. then she was acting really stressed.. i was worried because she has never reacted like this before and there have been quite a few in and out of the viv over the years and she has been fine... thanks again for your time... xx
matty18714 Posted - 22/12/2009 : 13:43:00
Split them up, there is no reason for snakes to be kept together unless you are breeding them. She may be stressing out because the male is trying to mate with her.
a33272 Posted - 22/12/2009 : 13:36:04
was she ok before
n/a Posted - 22/12/2009 : 13:33:48
thanks very much.. ill try that now :) xx
a33272 Posted - 22/12/2009 : 13:32:38
is she looking out trying to see whats going on?? mite be worth draping a towel over viv so she cant see anything to try an calm her down

ohh an welcome xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000