The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 My 1st snake!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 16:59:42
Hey everyone, this is my first post. I'm the proud owner of a female corn snake. I think she's an Amel, not 100% sure tho. Don't know what age she is as I bought her from a friend who wasn't sure. She is 25 1/2 inches long. I didn't have a clue about snakes but have already learnt so much through the forum
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 16/09/2009 : 07:00:40
hey and welcome
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 22:17:23
Yep, Scottish and proud

That's true Kellog, all advice is truly appreciated, after all, the advice I have already been given could be wrong

I've had Wee Snakey for a few weeks now, didn't really see her at all for the first week, but once she settled in she was really friendly. I was a wee bit wary at first of putting my hand in to take her out, but now if I open her viv she comes straight out onto my hand by herself
Kellog Posted - 15/09/2009 : 22:01:33
quote:
Originally posted by Tiny

Hi, I just posted my 1st pic lol

She didn't have a name & we didn't know what to call her so we were calling her 'Wee Snakey', but it seems to have stuck lol so I think we'll keep her as Wee Snakey

Scottish by any chance Tiny?? Welcome to the forum. Its got great experienced owners happy to share their advice and support. Friendship and fun are the added bonuses. Hope you have had a read of the care sheet on here, so you know that the 1st week if 'hands off' week, with no handling or feeding. It is so she can get over the stress of the move and get settled in. Just change her water daily and smooth her substrate, without getting close to her so she doesnt feel threatened. Doing this means she gets used to your smell and will find it non-threatening at the end of the week. Its hard to be hands-off but its worth it. Sorry if you know all this already but I always think it is better to be given advice you already know rather than not have the advice at all!
No question is regarded as a silly question on here - it is much better to ask and get an answer than not ask and keep worrying! xxx
gingerpony Posted - 15/09/2009 : 20:44:53
heya and welcome
lee2308 Posted - 15/09/2009 : 19:25:36
hi and welcome to the forum
Remmy Posted - 15/09/2009 : 18:33:54
Hi Tiny and welcome to the forum.
n/a Posted - 15/09/2009 : 18:30:12
Hi, I just posted my 1st pic lol

She didn't have a name & we didn't know what to call her so we were calling her 'Wee Snakey', but it seems to have stuck lol so I think we'll keep her as Wee Snakey
Sammysnake Posted - 15/09/2009 : 17:52:34
Hi Tiny and welcome to the forum. I got my first snake on Sunday - it's a great forum to learn from isn't it. Everyone will soon be asking you to post lots of piccies so I thought I would be the first.

Hope you have lots of fun with your snake - are you changing her name? What is she called?

Sam

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000