My 1st snake!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  16:59:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, this is my first post. I'm the proud owner of a female corn snake. I think she's an Amel, not 100% sure tho. Don't know what age she is as I bought her from a friend who wasn't sure. She is 25 1/2 inches long. I didn't have a clue about snakes but have already learnt so much through the forum

1 Corn Snake
1 Rottweiler Dog

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  17:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tiny and welcome to the forum. I got my first snake on Sunday - it's a great forum to learn from isn't it. Everyone will soon be asking you to post lots of piccies so I thought I would be the first.

Hope you have lots of fun with your snake - are you changing her name? What is she called?

Sam

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  18:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I just posted my 1st pic lol

She didn't have a name & we didn't know what to call her so we were calling her 'Wee Snakey', but it seems to have stuck lol so I think we'll keep her as Wee Snakey

1 Corn Snake
1 Rottweiler Dog
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  18:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tiny and welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  19:25:36  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  20:44:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  22:01:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiny

Hi, I just posted my 1st pic lol

She didn't have a name & we didn't know what to call her so we were calling her 'Wee Snakey', but it seems to have stuck lol so I think we'll keep her as Wee Snakey

Scottish by any chance Tiny?? Welcome to the forum. Its got great experienced owners happy to share their advice and support. Friendship and fun are the added bonuses. Hope you have had a read of the care sheet on here, so you know that the 1st week if 'hands off' week, with no handling or feeding. It is so she can get over the stress of the move and get settled in. Just change her water daily and smooth her substrate, without getting close to her so she doesnt feel threatened. Doing this means she gets used to your smell and will find it non-threatening at the end of the week. Its hard to be hands-off but its worth it. Sorry if you know all this already but I always think it is better to be given advice you already know rather than not have the advice at all!
No question is regarded as a silly question on here - it is much better to ask and get an answer than not ask and keep worrying! xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  22:17:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, Scottish and proud

That's true Kellog, all advice is truly appreciated, after all, the advice I have already been given could be wrong

I've had Wee Snakey for a few weeks now, didn't really see her at all for the first week, but once she settled in she was really friendly. I was a wee bit wary at first of putting my hand in to take her out, but now if I open her viv she comes straight out onto my hand by herself

1 Corn Snake
1 Rottweiler Dog
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  07:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page