The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 New to snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Andreamorey Posted - 25/03/2012 : 23:18:13
Hi everyone, just bought two corns albino and candy morph 2 year olds they were fed yesterday at the pet shop, and we are leaving them a week before handling them but they will be due a feed when the week is up should we handle for the first time then feed them or feed them first wait a day then handle them? Also is one day after feeding long enough to wait before handling them ?
Thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackcat Posted - 29/03/2012 : 16:20:25
Hello and welcome to the forum, nice looking snakes you have
kdlang Posted - 27/03/2012 : 21:46:19
Your thermostat and thermometer probes need to be resting directly on the heatmat. Ideally, if you rubber band them together then they will always be reading from the same place. Some people have them weighted down with a hide, some people stick them don with hot glue or silicon. If you do use glue or silicon, make sure you leave time for the fumes to disipate before putting your snakes back in
kev 5 Posted - 27/03/2012 : 19:07:23
hello and welcome
Andreamorey Posted - 26/03/2012 : 20:38:02
Ok will do thanx xx
Georgina Posted - 26/03/2012 : 20:16:39
looks like a snow and an amel to me. but there is 100 percent poss i could be wrong.

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/amelanistic/

if you post the pics in the morphs section im sure some more light will be shed x
Donnie Posted - 26/03/2012 : 19:53:05
Hello and welcome
cattNmo Posted - 26/03/2012 : 18:21:00
Hi and welcome. You will find lots of help on here. I say prity much as every one else. Get your self a stat very quickly and part them ASAP. I'm no master on morphs but I would say you have an amel and a snow. Either way still two nice snakes. Good luck.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 26/03/2012 : 18:14:06
Welcome to the forum.
Andreamorey Posted - 26/03/2012 : 17:11:49
Andreamorey Posted - 26/03/2012 : 17:11:03
Andreamorey Posted - 26/03/2012 : 17:10:14

Andreamorey Posted - 26/03/2012 : 16:43:39
how do i post pics on here? and where is best in the viv for thermometer?
thanx
kdlang Posted - 26/03/2012 : 13:24:02
Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new additions.

Unfortunately shops aren't always particularly great with giving the best advise on how to provide the ideal set-up. I would definitely consider seperating the 2 snakes. If they are male and female, they are coming up to an age where they will breed and if the female is too small then you could potentially end up with a dead snake or some very expensive vet bills. Even if the shop says they are the same sex, this is no guarantee as some of our members have already discovered. The cheapest way to do it would be to get someone handy with woodwork and make a partition for the middle of the viv. you could then put the heatmat in the middle with the partition on top so that each side of the viv would have half the heatmat. That way you wont need to get another heatmat or thermostat until the snakes are outgrow their section of the viv.

I'm glad you have decided to get a thermostat. It really is essential in making sure the temperatures in the viv are ideal. You also need at least 1 digital thermometer. you can get these for just a few pounds off ebay. these are the ones i get http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIGITAL-THERMOMETER-FAST-DISPATCH-/230766608741?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item35bac30165

Just want to add that I recommend that you don't feed them anymore until you have your thermostat and digital thermometers set up and running consistantly for a few days. It is so much easier to mess about making adjustments if you don't have to worry about your snakes regurgitating
claire_daz Posted - 26/03/2012 : 10:37:02
hello n welcome

You will get loads of help n advice on here

can't wait for some pictures
lupi lou Posted - 26/03/2012 : 09:46:08
hi and welcome. corns are often quite shy at first they also have individual personalities with some being alot bolder than others. look forward to pics
Mamma Posted - 26/03/2012 : 09:19:37
Hello welcome to the forum. Corns arent really a problem constrict wise and children. I have 3 ages 2-9 and they are all fine when handling the corns xx
Andreamorey Posted - 26/03/2012 : 07:42:13
Thanks for your help I will go get one today, is it normal for them to be so timid at first of we look in the viv or even walk past (quietly) they hide straight away will this get better over the next week
Thanx
Georgina Posted - 26/03/2012 : 00:21:54
day and night settings are pointless as we turn our lights on at night and off during the day. they tend not to work great and there is no need to change the temps. i use habistat mat stat and find the only vary 0.9 of a degree. i get mine from surrypets and would not fault them it works out 23 pounds for one of the most important piece of equipment.
Andreamorey Posted - 26/03/2012 : 00:15:46
That is what I thought but I wasn't sure, could you recommend a good stat? And are the ones with seperate day and night settings any good? Thankyou you are being a massive help
Georgina Posted - 26/03/2012 : 00:15:16
this is a snow
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/snow/

this is a candycane
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/snow/

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000