The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Anal Bleeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vermont99 Posted - 14/03/2012 : 06:50:47
Hey all,
So. I'm kinda worried. I fed my corn snake today. Full-grown, about 5-years-old. She typically only eats once per month. I know this is atypical, but she wont really eat more often.
I got a small rat at the store yesterday. I usually feed her large mice, but they were out. This is something I have done before and she has been fine. One time I tried to feed her a rather fat rodent and she proceeded to spit it out after getting about half-way, so I figured she would do this again if she couldnt handle it. I feel like a horrible dad. I know i should just stick with smaller food.
Anyway. I fed her today and she took about 30 minutes to get the rat down (which is normal for her). I noticed that the rat was staring to to bleed a lot as she was eating it. Ive seen this before, but not to this degree. I didnt really think much of it. So she got it down and I put her back in her terrarium. This evening I noticed blood on the terrarium floor. Thinking she had maybe regurgitated some from the rat, I took her out to clean the cage and noticed the blood was coming from her anus! Not a lot, but it is enough to leave a thin trail when she moves. Im worried I really hurt her. Is it possible that the blood from the mouse just went through her system quickly?
I know that you will probably tell me to take her to the vet, but I have never had to for any other reason. I also just moved to NYC and dont know where to take her, nor do I have a lot of money. Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Vermont99
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tordyjo Posted - 15/03/2012 : 17:05:37
let us know how you get on and how she is, hope she's ok and you managed to get her looked at
smart bunny Posted - 14/03/2012 : 17:11:29
Sorry, but I don't think anyone on here will say anything other than get her to a vet - and quick. Hope she is OK :)
Okeetee Mick Posted - 14/03/2012 : 09:48:01
Agree with Mamma it's a vet job, and I wouldn't leave it too long.
Mamma Posted - 14/03/2012 : 08:50:26
Sorry dude, but IMO you are gonna have to get her looked at. Whats her vent like? theres no prolapse etc?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000