New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vermont99
Snake Mite

1 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  06:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,
So. I'm kinda worried. I fed my corn snake today. Full-grown, about 5-years-old. She typically only eats once per month. I know this is atypical, but she wont really eat more often.
I got a small rat at the store yesterday. I usually feed her large mice, but they were out. This is something I have done before and she has been fine. One time I tried to feed her a rather fat rodent and she proceeded to spit it out after getting about half-way, so I figured she would do this again if she couldnt handle it. I feel like a horrible dad. I know i should just stick with smaller food.
Anyway. I fed her today and she took about 30 minutes to get the rat down (which is normal for her). I noticed that the rat was staring to to bleed a lot as she was eating it. Ive seen this before, but not to this degree. I didnt really think much of it. So she got it down and I put her back in her terrarium. This evening I noticed blood on the terrarium floor. Thinking she had maybe regurgitated some from the rat, I took her out to clean the cage and noticed the blood was coming from her anus! Not a lot, but it is enough to leave a thin trail when she moves. Im worried I really hurt her. Is it possible that the blood from the mouse just went through her system quickly?
I know that you will probably tell me to take her to the vet, but I have never had to for any other reason. I also just moved to NYC and dont know where to take her, nor do I have a lot of money. Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Vermont99

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  08:50:26  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry dude, but IMO you are gonna have to get her looked at. Whats her vent like? theres no prolapse etc?

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  09:48:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with Mamma it's a vet job, and I wouldn't leave it too long.

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2012 :  17:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but I don't think anyone on here will say anything other than get her to a vet - and quick. Hope she is OK :)

Edited by - smart bunny on 14/03/2012 17:11:50
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2012 :  17:05:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
let us know how you get on and how she is, hope she's ok and you managed to get her looked at

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000