The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Aggressive corn snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Yoshi Posted - 06/01/2012 : 20:03:34
Hi I am new to snakes after keeping bearded dragons .got my first one 8 days ago after seeing and handling him every couple of days since before Xmas and was fine since bringing him home he strikes at the glass if I look at him in his viv & if try to handle him he strikes & bites any ideas what I am doing wrong he was left alone for 5days to settle and. Has eaten once heat is as you recomend and he is active and out climbing quite a bit thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Elicia Posted - 16/01/2012 : 14:47:58
Hello
I got my first Corn a couple of weeks ago and he kept hissing and striking at us even when we went to change water. Somebody on here advised me on the 'sock trick' which turned out to be the best advice ive had so far!What I did was got a cheap pair of gloves, I wore one and so did my partner for a couple of hours then we put one in each hide. The change happened overnight!Percy is now as calm as anything and sleeps tucked up in the gloves!
Elicia
Mamma Posted - 15/01/2012 : 10:20:16
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

you could use the old trick of a sock in the pocket, put a clean sock in your pocket for the day and then put in the viv, it just helps the snake to get used to your smell for when you go in to change water etc

I would definitely agree with this. This helped me out.
tordyjo Posted - 12/01/2012 : 21:22:25
you could use the old trick of a sock in the pocket, put a clean sock in your pocket for the day and then put in the viv, it just helps the snake to get used to your smell for when you go in to change water etc
Yoshi Posted - 07/01/2012 : 19:37:08
Thanks I have the two hides branches for climbing but no foliage he has stopped striking the glass today he let me handle him for about ten minutes so hopefully he is settling in thank for hints
Okeetee Mick Posted - 07/01/2012 : 19:14:33
Setup seems fine, all I would suggest is hides in both ends, plenty of foliage ( I along with many others use ivy from Dumelm Mill) and lots and lots of handling. Sure he will settle down in time.
Yoshi Posted - 06/01/2012 : 22:17:52
Thanks he's seven months old in a two foot viv (what he was in before ) temps are correct hot end / cool.end has hide in wam end heat mat thermostatically controlled
Okeetee Mick Posted - 06/01/2012 : 21:41:54
More info would help, age, viv size and setup etc.
Ryan_q8 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 21:19:44
Although probably not the most experienced owner would suggest u let him/her settle in for longer try even 2 weeks just ensure water and food are changed.
Reaction most likely due to fear good sign not comfortable.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000