The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 will not eat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/02/2011 : 20:39:10
hi to all my corn will not eat the norm he will every wk,but the past two wks three days he wll not go near any food he is not shedding and he as not been scared in any way he is two years old any help for me as i am worried about him.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 19/02/2011 : 18:28:37
Hi and welcome. Good to hear your corn has eaten again.
n/a Posted - 19/02/2011 : 10:22:33
hi there thanks for your help with the not feeding probs,well good news he had his first meal 10 mins ago and it went down no probs. again thanks to all who gave me the info. he is the longest i have had a pet of any kind and he is part of the family id hate to loss him he is here to stay.
kdlang Posted - 13/02/2011 : 22:25:18
As said, males often go off their food at this time of year. I have one who hasn't eaten since the first of January and another who hasn't eaten for 4 weeks and is mega active. Do you weigh your corn? If not it might be an idea to start taking regular weights. If he doesn't lose much weight then it is most likely to be a natural fast rather than anything sinister.
n/a Posted - 13/02/2011 : 18:41:00
hi he was brought by my wife on the 3 december 08 he was like a pencel
the temps i wrote are the ones givin by the pet shop were my wife got him from will try the temps you said thanks for the replys
lee2308 Posted - 13/02/2011 : 16:18:58
hi and welcome to the forum
a33272 Posted - 13/02/2011 : 11:07:28
quote:
Originally posted by vinny rowe

hi guys thanks for the info the viv he is in is 4ft by 2ft. the temp i keep him at is 22 cels at night 25 cels in the day time he is very
active at the moment he feeds every sat morn the size mice are meds smalls did not keep him going. could the food be to big for him.he is about five foot give and take few inches. hope this helps you and thanks agian .

how are you heating?? corns dont need a night time drop and your warm end temp could do with being abit higher 28-30 oC ideally then have a cold end so he can move bewteen the two. at 5 ft hes near fully grown but you havnt given an age. an id say should be on large mice at a guess but hard to say without seeing his size. how big are the mice u feed in comparision to the width of you snake at its widest point. but as most of said a few weeks is nothing. most users with full grown corns only feed fourtnightly anyway
herriotfan Posted - 13/02/2011 : 10:30:43
Are you sure of his age? It sounds very much like male hormones to me!!
Also his daytime, warm end temps could be higher, say 28C to 30C.
n/a Posted - 13/02/2011 : 09:57:52
hi guys thanks for the info the viv he is in is 4ft by 2ft. the temp i keep him at is 22 cels at night 25 cels in the day time he is very
active at the moment he feeds every sat morn the size mice are meds smalls did not keep him going. could the food be to big for him.he is about five foot give and take few inches. hope this helps you and thanks agian .
thistle Posted - 13/02/2011 : 02:34:54
Hi!

Welcome to the forum.

Not eating for a couple of weeks is nothing to worry about. It's quite common for males to go off their food at this time of the year as it's breeding season so their minds are on other things.

As gmac said, we need to know your set up and feeding routine to see if there is some other reason he has gone off his food.

gmac Posted - 12/02/2011 : 20:51:31
I wouldn't worry as 2 weeks is nothing, Can you give us some housing details temps size heat source etc what size of food and how often you feed.

and welcome to the forum

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000