will not eat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  20:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi to all my corn will not eat the norm he will every wk,but the past two wks three days he wll not go near any food he is not shedding and he as not been scared in any way he is two years old any help for me as i am worried about him.

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  20:51:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry as 2 weeks is nothing, Can you give us some housing details temps size heat source etc what size of food and how often you feed.

and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  02:34:54  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!

Welcome to the forum.

Not eating for a couple of weeks is nothing to worry about. It's quite common for males to go off their food at this time of the year as it's breeding season so their minds are on other things.

As gmac said, we need to know your set up and feeding routine to see if there is some other reason he has gone off his food.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  09:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys thanks for the info the viv he is in is 4ft by 2ft. the temp i keep him at is 22 cels at night 25 cels in the day time he is very
active at the moment he feeds every sat morn the size mice are meds smalls did not keep him going. could the food be to big for him.he is about five foot give and take few inches. hope this helps you and thanks agian .
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  10:30:43  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are you sure of his age? It sounds very much like male hormones to me!!
Also his daytime, warm end temps could be higher, say 28C to 30C.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

Edited by - herriotfan on 13/02/2011 10:32:10
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  11:07:28  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vinny rowe

hi guys thanks for the info the viv he is in is 4ft by 2ft. the temp i keep him at is 22 cels at night 25 cels in the day time he is very
active at the moment he feeds every sat morn the size mice are meds smalls did not keep him going. could the food be to big for him.he is about five foot give and take few inches. hope this helps you and thanks agian .

how are you heating?? corns dont need a night time drop and your warm end temp could do with being abit higher 28-30 oC ideally then have a cold end so he can move bewteen the two. at 5 ft hes near fully grown but you havnt given an age. an id say should be on large mice at a guess but hard to say without seeing his size. how big are the mice u feed in comparision to the width of you snake at its widest point. but as most of said a few weeks is nothing. most users with full grown corns only feed fourtnightly anyway

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  16:18:58  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  18:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi he was brought by my wife on the 3 december 08 he was like a pencel
the temps i wrote are the ones givin by the pet shop were my wife got him from will try the temps you said thanks for the replys
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  22:25:18  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As said, males often go off their food at this time of year. I have one who hasn't eaten since the first of January and another who hasn't eaten for 4 weeks and is mega active. Do you weigh your corn? If not it might be an idea to start taking regular weights. If he doesn't lose much weight then it is most likely to be a natural fast rather than anything sinister.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2011 :  10:22:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there thanks for your help with the not feeding probs,well good news he had his first meal 10 mins ago and it went down no probs. again thanks to all who gave me the info. he is the longest i have had a pet of any kind and he is part of the family id hate to loss him he is here to stay.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2011 :  18:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome. Good to hear your corn has eaten again.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000