The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Corn Snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 11/02/2011 : 14:47:34
Hi need some advice please. I have a corn snake that i have had for about 6 / 7 months, not sure how old he is. He has shed twice, the second shed was very quick. He hasnt eaten in 5 weeks and his colouring on his belly is changing. he was white and now turning a very dark orange from the middle to the end, and his black squares on his belly are changing too. He is active inside and outside of his tank, so i am not sure what is wrong with him or what to do? Any advice would be great.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 18:58:22
hi and welcome to the forum
Benji54 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 18:52:56
did that "before you ask a question" post i did ever get stickied? i think it was going to be.

@michelle- welcome to TCS. As steve says, nothing seems particulaurly out of the ordinary. my largeer corn is orange from the middle to the tail but white at the front and the eating is of no MAJOR concern but that does depend on the snakes current size and weight. any extra info would be great. in the mean time dont panic! :) good luck and welcome once again!
scubadude Posted - 11/02/2011 : 17:50:26
Hi michelle and welcome to the forum,
If you can give us a little information such as

Size and weight of snake

size of viv

temperatures warm and cool end

If you could let us know how the viv/faun is heated.

How is the heat regulated?

How are you measuring the temperature (dial thermometer/lcd strip/digital probe)

Where are the thermometers placed?

What substrate (bedding) you use?

i know theres quite a few questions, but this should give the forum members something more to go on and hopefully give you a more comprehensive answer/ list of possibilities.
Cheers
sullysteve Posted - 11/02/2011 : 16:23:05
Hi Michelle,

Pics would be great.
I wouldnt worry too much about not eating for 5 weeks. Believe me, they can go a lot lot longer without feeding. Main thing is that he doesnt loose much wieght. My King never ate for 4 months and hardly lost a gram!
I have a carolina that belly changed in colour to like an light brown/orangy colour. I think that is normal. But pics would help someone tell you more...

Sul

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000