Corn Snake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  14:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi need some advice please. I have a corn snake that i have had for about 6 / 7 months, not sure how old he is. He has shed twice, the second shed was very quick. He hasnt eaten in 5 weeks and his colouring on his belly is changing. he was white and now turning a very dark orange from the middle to the end, and his black squares on his belly are changing too. He is active inside and outside of his tank, so i am not sure what is wrong with him or what to do? Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Michelle

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  16:23:05  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Michelle,

Pics would be great.
I wouldnt worry too much about not eating for 5 weeks. Believe me, they can go a lot lot longer without feeding. Main thing is that he doesnt loose much wieght. My King never ate for 4 months and hardly lost a gram!
I have a carolina that belly changed in colour to like an light brown/orangy colour. I think that is normal. But pics would help someone tell you more...

Sul

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  17:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi michelle and welcome to the forum,
If you can give us a little information such as

Size and weight of snake

size of viv

temperatures warm and cool end

If you could let us know how the viv/faun is heated.

How is the heat regulated?

How are you measuring the temperature (dial thermometer/lcd strip/digital probe)

Where are the thermometers placed?

What substrate (bedding) you use?

i know theres quite a few questions, but this should give the forum members something more to go on and hopefully give you a more comprehensive answer/ list of possibilities.
Cheers

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  18:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did that "before you ask a question" post i did ever get stickied? i think it was going to be.

@michelle- welcome to TCS. As steve says, nothing seems particulaurly out of the ordinary. my largeer corn is orange from the middle to the tail but white at the front and the eating is of no MAJOR concern but that does depend on the snakes current size and weight. any extra info would be great. in the mean time dont panic! :) good luck and welcome once again!

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  18:58:22  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000