The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/08/2010 : 07:45:07
hi all just bought my first cornsnake (hatchling) thought i'd join up to get some advice and decent info
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kazzyrf Posted - 14/08/2010 : 21:08:43
Welcome. I got my first cornsnake in March. Loads of good advice to be found on this site. Members really friendly too. karen
n/a Posted - 14/08/2010 : 19:52:12
P.S Thanks for the warm welcome everyone
CSN Posted - 14/08/2010 : 18:23:50
Hello & Welcome
josh9961 Posted - 14/08/2010 : 16:30:06
Each person is going to smell different to it, so I would imagine it's familiar with you, and knows you're not a threat, however it will have to get used to other people. That's why I've encouraged my entire fammily to spend time around the snakes, so they aren't scared of anyone.
But I'm no expert, that's just my personal opinion
n/a Posted - 14/08/2010 : 15:15:29
quote:
Originally posted by josh9961

Behaviour-wise, corns are perfect, as hatchlings they may be a little jumpy and fast, but within a couple of months you'll have one of the most docile pets available, I've never been bitten, struck at or even hissed at by any of the corns I've met. They tend to be either completely hidden in a hide, or zooming round their enclosure full of energy Welcome to the hobby, and the forum!

I've had it just over a month now, at first it seemed really nervous but the past of week's if i walk in the room it comes up to the glass and start's doing some kinda weird dance at me then climbs up the side of the tank to the lid. If i open the lid it virtually jumps onto me now and does not like leaving me to go onto anyone else, so what i was wondering is do they get attached/used to one specific handler?
josh9961 Posted - 14/08/2010 : 14:25:01
Behaviour-wise, corns are perfect, as hatchlings they may be a little jumpy and fast, but within a couple of months you'll have one of the most docile pets available, I've never been bitten, struck at or even hissed at by any of the corns I've met. They tend to be either completely hidden in a hide, or zooming round their enclosure full of energy Welcome to the hobby, and the forum!
herriotfan Posted - 14/08/2010 : 12:51:02
Depends what you're looking for. Try the search first then if you get no joy post the question on here. Glad you did your research, you'd be surprised how many don't then wonder why they run into problems!
n/a Posted - 14/08/2010 : 12:44:38
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Have you looked at our caresheet, via the homepage, it's full of excellent information!

Yeah i have thanks before i purchased my snake, is there anymore info i can get on the behavioural side of thing's?
herriotfan Posted - 14/08/2010 : 11:27:38
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Have you looked at our caresheet, via the homepage, it's full of excellent information!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/08/2010 : 11:15:52
Hey, welcome to the forum
lee2308 Posted - 14/08/2010 : 11:00:48
hi and welcome to the forum
gingerpony Posted - 14/08/2010 : 07:57:11
heya and welcome

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000