Introductions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  07:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all just bought my first cornsnake (hatchling) thought i'd join up to get some advice and decent info

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  07:57:11  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  11:00:48  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  11:15:52  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, welcome to the forum

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  11:27:38  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Have you looked at our caresheet, via the homepage, it's full of excellent information!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  12:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Have you looked at our caresheet, via the homepage, it's full of excellent information!

Yeah i have thanks before i purchased my snake, is there anymore info i can get on the behavioural side of thing's?
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  12:51:02  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Depends what you're looking for. Try the search first then if you get no joy post the question on here. Glad you did your research, you'd be surprised how many don't then wonder why they run into problems!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  14:25:01  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Behaviour-wise, corns are perfect, as hatchlings they may be a little jumpy and fast, but within a couple of months you'll have one of the most docile pets available, I've never been bitten, struck at or even hissed at by any of the corns I've met. They tend to be either completely hidden in a hide, or zooming round their enclosure full of energy Welcome to the hobby, and the forum!

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  15:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by josh9961

Behaviour-wise, corns are perfect, as hatchlings they may be a little jumpy and fast, but within a couple of months you'll have one of the most docile pets available, I've never been bitten, struck at or even hissed at by any of the corns I've met. They tend to be either completely hidden in a hide, or zooming round their enclosure full of energy Welcome to the hobby, and the forum!

I've had it just over a month now, at first it seemed really nervous but the past of week's if i walk in the room it comes up to the glass and start's doing some kinda weird dance at me then climbs up the side of the tank to the lid. If i open the lid it virtually jumps onto me now and does not like leaving me to go onto anyone else, so what i was wondering is do they get attached/used to one specific handler?
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  16:30:06  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Each person is going to smell different to it, so I would imagine it's familiar with you, and knows you're not a threat, however it will have to get used to other people. That's why I've encouraged my entire fammily to spend time around the snakes, so they aren't scared of anyone.
But I'm no expert, that's just my personal opinion

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

CSN
Hatchling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  18:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello & Welcome

0.1.0 Karma - Creamsicle
0.1.0 Precious - Royal

http://www.TCS-Chat.tk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  19:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P.S Thanks for the warm welcome everyone
Go to Top of Page

kazzyrf
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2010 :  21:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome. I got my first cornsnake in March. Loads of good advice to be found on this site. Members really friendly too. karen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000