The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hi all

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clintham Posted - 05/08/2010 : 12:15:31
another new member :)
i have been researching buying, setting up, and caring for my first snake (not yet purchased). i did find some useful information on other sites, once i had decided that i would like a cornsnake. but the wealth of information on this site is amazing! what a great resource.

after a lot of reading im much more confident about caring for a snake. i think i will continue to research for another week or two before i setup my viv and get it settled & running at the correct temperatures - then start looking for my snake!
watch this space :D
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
clintham Posted - 13/08/2010 : 09:10:39
would love to take one now but i cant persaude my wife that now is a good time. i work in wellingore, so im pretty close to sleaford though. will definately keep in touch
crazy JJ Posted - 13/08/2010 : 02:49:22
quote:
Crazyjj might is close to Lincoln and she had some hatchlings so she might have some next year.

might well be (although ya could just have 1 of the ones i have now if ya like ).. not sure yet thou cos might give shikira a year of yet depends on how well she feeds up as she is a funny eater and she has lost quite abit this year

but i do have a couple of other snakies i hope to breed next year ...

o p.s yes i do live near ish lincoln (sleaford) so not to far either, and all that researching ya can be doing your be well away....
Sta~ple Posted - 12/08/2010 : 17:28:46
I read that topic but somehow my mind didn't connect the two together lol. Congrats though btw

I did have some babies this year but probably not next year as it's my final year of uni soon. Crazyjj might is close to Lincoln and she had some hatchlings so she might have some next year. Apart from that a search on preloved this time next year maybe you best bet.

At least your will be extra prepared
clintham Posted - 12/08/2010 : 14:17:51
i was thinking of getting one really really soon but my wife is now pregnant with our second child (just found out) so its been put on hold for a while, probably about a year.
theres a post about it in the general snake keeping forum area. i was hoping to get one private locally. i do drive, so within 20 miles of lincoln ideally. but as i said, on hold for now.
im a bit sad, was really looking forward to getting my snake but i have something else to look forward to now

do you sell snakes? are you likely to have hatchlings this time next year? i cant persuade my wife that now is a good time for a hatchie, not with our 2nd baby on the way - i have tried!!
Sta~ple Posted - 12/08/2010 : 12:23:48
Where were you thinking of getting a baby from clintham? Like a show/expo or someone locally?
n/a Posted - 11/08/2010 : 11:45:39
hey and welcome aboard
crazy JJ Posted - 10/08/2010 : 10:37:02
lol i did wonder where all the rep shops are in lincoln :D
clintham Posted - 10/08/2010 : 09:41:43
thats really useful, i really didnt know i had so much so close. i really dont want to buy my corn from a shop, i would much prefer a private breeder or owner, so it was more for things like bedding/food etc. thanks!
Sta~ple Posted - 09/08/2010 : 17:30:40
quote:
Originally posted by clintham

im from cherry willingham, just outside lincoln. i drive through town centre every day so good shops etc much appreciated :)

Ohh that's good :) There is JC exotics somewhere on Monks road, I have no idea if they are good or not I have been told that they are. All pictures I have seen of the shops the animals look very clean. I have never been there though as it's a bit out of the way for me on foot :P They can sex your snake though and give them free health checks ups though.

Pet's corner or as it used to be known, perky pets is a good place if your wantingting to use "aspen" as bedding. It's called aubiose, it's labelled as horse bedding and even has a picture of a horse but it's cheap in the bulk and is the same as snake aspen :) They also do some nice climby java wood there but the mice and everything else snake related is expensive.

Pet's Cabin on Newark road, they are exspanding their reptile range which is reallly good. Some of the animals are in the midrange-high shop prices although they do seem to have like mini sales it seems on some animals, I think it's £25 for some corns at the moment :) and as a word of warning, they aren't 100% good at regonzinging corn morphs at the moment, although they are really trying. Some of the stuff there is cheap, some of it is a bit of a rip off. The viv's that they sell there are expensive. It is a nice friendly shop though and the corns although are kept together, it is always clean.

Sorry for the rant on shop comparions
Sizzlesmum Posted - 09/08/2010 : 13:21:54
Hi and welcome
clintham Posted - 09/08/2010 : 11:47:33
im from cherry willingham, just outside lincoln. i drive through town centre every day so good shops etc much appreciated :)
gmac Posted - 08/08/2010 : 12:42:19
Hi and welcome
Sta~ple Posted - 08/08/2010 : 12:30:26
Hello and welcome here :) Where abouts from Lincolnshire are you from? I can give pointers and good shops if you ever go into Lincoln :)
filardimarg2 Posted - 08/08/2010 : 12:08:49
Hello there, welcome to the forum.
Chez Posted - 07/08/2010 : 20:30:04
hey and welcome
hillzi Posted - 07/08/2010 : 14:10:45
Hello there.
crazy JJ Posted - 07/08/2010 : 12:05:35
i live in little 'sunny' Sleaford :D (just looked out the window n its issing it down lol, maybe not quite so sunny)
clintham Posted - 05/08/2010 : 15:02:07
thats great to know, i would much rather purchase from someone experienced. where abouts in lincolnshire are you? i wont be rushing into anything but its nice to know theres someone close by :) will keep in touch
crazy JJ Posted - 05/08/2010 : 14:14:26
heya n welcome to the forum :)

if it helps i have some hatchies (carolina's het hypo + anery) 4 sale, i also live in lincolnshire ;) some ready now :) :p

good luck with your search and congrats 4 not rushing into things and ya research 1st :D
herriotfan Posted - 05/08/2010 : 13:37:00
Hi
Welcome to the forum. Glad you like it here. Really good that you're going about things the right way.....loads of research and getting things set up before getting a snake. Your snake will be one of the lucky ones! Keep us up to date.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000