The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 exo terra snake cave

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 27/05/2010 : 18:47:10
what size do you get? i am guna get one for my new snake to have in the tank but don't know what size to get, small, medium or large
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 29/05/2010 : 08:23:06
this is what i am on about
http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=2391&ProductGroupID=1185

i like your idea for using the lid but then like the idea littlemick sed, i always have a spare for a new snake, i always have a spare setup. i will see when i go to buy everything from the shop
LittleMick Posted - 29/05/2010 : 01:51:00
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

You could always get the large, and use the lid as a hide for when it's small. You are one about the ones with lids right? XD

That's a good idea Sta~ple, it would certainly save money and the lids are quite deep. So I guess it would depend on whether you are planning on getting any more. If you are then buy a small or medium one, then upgrade as and when necessary, then you have a spare for a new snake
Sta~ple Posted - 28/05/2010 : 22:27:37
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I certainly agree with Mick, corns do feel safer somewhere they can curl up tight and feel the sides of their hide around them.

Silvesta is 3'5" and fits in a medium exo terra cave....although I think I may need to think about upgrading him now. I wonder how you tell when a snake's hide has got too small....do they just stop using it?

xxx

They still use it... there head or tail is normally poking out :/ what ever is exposed sometimes they try and bury.

I have a large one that I use for a 3ft8 snake. It depends on how big the new snake is. You could always get the large, and use the lid as a hide for when it's small. You are one about the ones with lids right? XD
KITTYCAT Posted - 28/05/2010 : 06:53:28
I originally had a medium for my hatchlings ( when they were housed together the are in seperate vivs now) in march i got a large one it was more for the size of the hole i felt that it was looking abit neet my snake is 3 n half foot long, she spend most of her time in it, I put the old one in for my king snake its about 1 half feet it loves it too
Kellog Posted - 28/05/2010 : 03:15:41
I certainly agree with Mick, corns do feel safer somewhere they can curl up tight and feel the sides of their hide around them.

Silvesta is 3'5" and fits in a medium exo terra cave....although I think I may need to think about upgrading him now. I wonder how you tell when a snake's hide has got too small....do they just stop using it?

xxx
LittleMick Posted - 27/05/2010 : 23:49:47
Good theory, but also take into account that a snake feels more comfortable in a hide where when it is coiled up, it likes to be able to feel the sides, or so I have read.
I have a medium one for mine but then it wasn't intended for my Corn.
If I go by the above theory, then I will be buyinga large one when Elijah reaches 30+", maybe a little more.
n/a Posted - 27/05/2010 : 21:38:33
Go for a large then you don't need to upgrade later on.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000