The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Trying to fight the urge to get another!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Scarlett Posted - 21/05/2010 : 15:53:14
I'm currently fighting the urge to get another Corn, it's so hard! I'm really in to Anery's at the moment, or Normal's. I've got my Royal settled in, and he's really come in to his personality, and Ember's as vivacious as always lol. I plan on breeding the snakes in a few years to come, so the idea of getting another Corn is soooo tempting. But I don't know what sex Ember is =[

Does anyone know of anywhere I could go to get her sexed in the Medway/South East area? My pet shop fails miserably at sexing by the looks of it as they had no idea, as do the breeders they get their snakes from apparently lol. Any info would be lovely =]

x
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Scarlett Posted - 24/05/2010 : 22:58:19
Haha, oh I will get another one but as Kellog said it wouldn't do me any good to get another one and have it be the same sex as Ember! I'll message Devilsmistress to see if she has any suggestions =]

I have so many morphs that I'd love to get, I plan on moving up North within a year or two so will wait until then probably and get an older one rather than a hatchling as Ember would be approaching the right age for breeding.
eeji Posted - 24/05/2010 : 19:18:32
quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett

I'm currently fighting the urge to get another Corn............

Give yourself to the dark side...............
crazy JJ Posted - 24/05/2010 : 12:34:06
agree with danny on this one ;) :D
reptiledanny Posted - 23/05/2010 : 18:28:48
quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett

I'm currently fighting the urge to get another Corn, it's so hard! I'm really in to Anery's at the moment, or Normal's. I've got my Royal settled in, and he's really come in to his personality, and Ember's as vivacious as always lol. I plan on breeding the snakes in a few years to come, so the idea of getting another Corn is soooo tempting. But I don't know what sex Ember is =[

Does anyone know of anywhere I could go to get her sexed in the Medway/South East area? My pet shop fails miserably at sexing by the looks of it as they had no idea, as do the breeders they get their snakes from apparently lol. Any info would be lovely =]

x

just get another, i wont hurt you to get one and you only live once
Kehhlyr Posted - 22/05/2010 : 12:12:38
Devilsmistress is near you, she'll hopefully be able to point you in a direction of the best place to go.
Kellog Posted - 22/05/2010 : 05:02:16
I am surprised about the breeders not being able to sex a snake Have you tried contacting them yourself or doing a ring around other pet shops in the area and asking them if they do it, if they dont then ask them if they know anyone that does.... I guess if it is so important that you are willing to pay for it and you had a vet that had rep experience you could always pay to have Ember sexed....or maybe the vets is worth a ring to ask them if they know anyone....

I totally understand the desire to get another one....especially an anery ....but if you are planning on breeding then you do really need to wait until you can find out what sex Ember is and then find an anery of a different sex.

I think one forum member on here had breeding plans, kept buying snakes cos she saw them and loved them....and they all landed up as being female !

Checkout the members map to see if there is a rep vet or forum member near you who could suggest somebody - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112536582355638684956.000464c58c16b0ffad1be&z=6

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000