Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Trying to fight the urge to get another!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  15:53:14  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm currently fighting the urge to get another Corn, it's so hard! I'm really in to Anery's at the moment, or Normal's. I've got my Royal settled in, and he's really come in to his personality, and Ember's as vivacious as always lol. I plan on breeding the snakes in a few years to come, so the idea of getting another Corn is soooo tempting. But I don't know what sex Ember is =[

Does anyone know of anywhere I could go to get her sexed in the Medway/South East area? My pet shop fails miserably at sexing by the looks of it as they had no idea, as do the breeders they get their snakes from apparently lol. Any info would be lovely =]

x

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2010 :  05:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am surprised about the breeders not being able to sex a snake Have you tried contacting them yourself or doing a ring around other pet shops in the area and asking them if they do it, if they dont then ask them if they know anyone that does.... I guess if it is so important that you are willing to pay for it and you had a vet that had rep experience you could always pay to have Ember sexed....or maybe the vets is worth a ring to ask them if they know anyone....

I totally understand the desire to get another one....especially an anery ....but if you are planning on breeding then you do really need to wait until you can find out what sex Ember is and then find an anery of a different sex.

I think one forum member on here had breeding plans, kept buying snakes cos she saw them and loved them....and they all landed up as being female !

Checkout the members map to see if there is a rep vet or forum member near you who could suggest somebody - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112536582355638684956.000464c58c16b0ffad1be&z=6

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 22/05/2010 05:03:43
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2010 :  12:12:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Devilsmistress is near you, she'll hopefully be able to point you in a direction of the best place to go.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2010 :  18:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett

I'm currently fighting the urge to get another Corn, it's so hard! I'm really in to Anery's at the moment, or Normal's. I've got my Royal settled in, and he's really come in to his personality, and Ember's as vivacious as always lol. I plan on breeding the snakes in a few years to come, so the idea of getting another Corn is soooo tempting. But I don't know what sex Ember is =[

Does anyone know of anywhere I could go to get her sexed in the Medway/South East area? My pet shop fails miserably at sexing by the looks of it as they had no idea, as do the breeders they get their snakes from apparently lol. Any info would be lovely =]

x

just get another, i wont hurt you to get one and you only live once

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  12:34:06  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
agree with danny on this one ;) :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  19:18:32  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett

I'm currently fighting the urge to get another Corn............

Give yourself to the dark side...............

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  22:58:19  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha, oh I will get another one but as Kellog said it wouldn't do me any good to get another one and have it be the same sex as Ember! I'll message Devilsmistress to see if she has any suggestions =]

I have so many morphs that I'd love to get, I plan on moving up North within a year or two so will wait until then probably and get an older one rather than a hatchling as Ember would be approaching the right age for breeding.

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000